Android Crew...HALP!

Bigbird

Rundown...

VZW Galaxy Nexus, currently running CM10 Stable(4.1.2), stock CM kernel (I think, can't remember).

Anyway...

I had been dirty flashing nightly's and monthly's for a while. So it's been a long time since I've flashed a completely new/different ROM. I'd been hearing/seeing stuff about the new Paranoid Android version with the PIE interface and wanted to give it a shot. Followed the flashing directions, and booted it up.

It was cool and everything, but I don't know if the GNex is showing it's age, or the ROM is still buggy, but it lagged pretty bad. I thought, oh well I'll just restore the backup I did before flashing. So I go into ROM manager and...none of my backups are there. I shit my pants a little remembering that the flash instructions said to do a data wipe/factory reset. I shit my pants big time thinking I've lost all my pictures and stuff. Go check gallery, nothing there, go check Root Explorer, nothing there.

Well I do some kind of crazy magic and somehow got my CM10 backup restored, but gallery was still acting weird. It was recognizing how many pictures I had, but they weren't showing up. I somehow managed to get them back.

Now my question is, how do I go about doing this again if I wanted to try out the new AOKP, and without going through this clusterfuck?

Obviously, let me know if any of this is confusing. I'm currently posting from my phone.

•There are a lot of questions about how CM10.1 moves your files to sdcard/0/ folder. This is to support multi-users. If you flash back and forth between CM10 and CM10.1 you'll end up with sdcard/0/0/..etc since the upgrade to 10.1 moves your folders into a new /0/. You can safely move your files out of /0/ back to your sdcard if you're on CM10, or back to the first /0 folder if you're on CM10.1.

Move from that file to main sd/phone storage.

Yes.

You should use a cloud that uploads all your photos as you take them and uploads existing, so they are never an issue when you are wiping.

I know...I used to have that set up, but took a few pictures that I didn't want going on the cloud (if you know what I mean) so I turned it off and just kind of forgot about it.

Sounds like the sd card has issues

I'm pretty sure it was just the new partition from moving from 4.1.2 to 4.2.1. Everything is working dandy now.

Thanks for all the help everyone. I'm still a little bummed at how laggy Paranoid was on my GNex, I'm gonna give it a try on my N7 and see how it is.