Injectors: School Me

wagner

I will need to pick up a set of injectors soon for the next phase of my build. This will be for an LS1, and from my brief research I *think* I will need at least 37lb to 42lb injectors.

These will be used to support a cam swap and maybe a little hit of nitrous :gabe:

What are good brands to look at, and brands to stay away from? Any links to useful injector information and theory would be super.

<3

Wagner

Fic can reflow your stock injectors for cheap and they all will match. I had a set of stock ls2 injectors made 43.5 all the way around

Hmmmm, and no issues? Is there a downside to having stockers reflowed? If that is an option I will just go buy a set of stock injectors for cheap and get them worked.

I just want to be sure I do this right, and avoid any fueling issues. Last thing I want to do is lean this bitch out and drive over my crank.

Hmmmm, and no issues? Is there a downside to having stockers reflowed? If that is an option I will just go buy a set of stock injectors for cheap and get them worked.

I just want to be sure I do this right, and avoid any fueling issues. Last thing I want to do is lean this bitch out and drive over my crank.

I would go with FIC, a lot of people run reflowed injectors through FIC. I would also go with the larger of the two. You can always dial it back, if you run out of fuel with a 37 you will need to go with a bigger injector for any future upgrades. Then of course the 42's will have a limit as well.

Then you have to think about the pump and other supporting fuel mods as well. I am un educated with the LS motors. So im not sure what the factory fuel system is capable of.

I would go with FIC, a lot of people run reflowed injectors through FIC. I would also go with the larger of the two. You can always dial it back, if you run out of fuel with a 37 you will need to go with a bigger injector for any future upgrades. Then of course the 42's will have a limit as well.

Then you have to think about the pump and other supporting fuel mods as well. I am un educated with the LS motors. So im not sure what the factory fuel system is capable of.

Already got the pump

none what so ever. Brian tuned the car it was cam/intake/exhaust car with a 150 wet shot. John@FIC told me he could of made them 60's if I wanted but with 43.5 injectors the car ran out of pump before injector and still was safe at 500+ wheel

and I think I paid 230-250 for that to be done. In my opinion it was better than a set of used ford injectors since these were fresh from FIC and flowed to match.

I'm not going to debate resized injectors with anybody, but where are you supposed to get accurate info on dead times and injector offset? This would be enough to keep me from running them, I'd run some injectors that you have good info for.

And remember you don't need injectors for the spray it's a wet kit, you'll just be running thin with a heads/cam swap.

I'm not going to debate resized injectors with anybody, but where are you supposed to get accurate info on dead times and injector offset? This would be enough to keep me from running them, I'd run some injectors that you have good info for.

And remember you don't need injectors for the spray it's a wet kit, you'll just be running thin with a heads/cam swap.

Ok, that settles that for me....

Cam swap is on the build board now, just trying to educate myself incase a deal comes along.

Just buy my 60 pounders that will work without adapters and you know are taken care of and accurate :)

Well when are they going to be up for sale there hauce? I might have to bump up the time line depending on how quick this race phil is putting together goes down.