Do I want a LC9 or G26?

Putty

I don't care about "glocks shoot in mud, sand or underwater". Just in the marker for a 9mm to complete my caliber choices. I'm really digging the Ruger series. Also considering selling my BG380 and getting a LCP-LM.

Talk to me

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/CLovaR1/1170d1303437269-ruger-lc9-2011-04-19_15-07-16_165.jpg

lol'd at putting a lc9 in same category as a G26. If you're really diggin the rugers like you say then just get one. price diference of these 2 are about $150-$200 with G26 being more expensive. Also, lc9 is looked at as a pocket pistol while a g26 isn't. You going to ask us next if you should get a derringer 2 shot .45 or a full size m&p .45?

I'm a Ruger fan and absolutely dislike the LCP line. I would rather spend twice the money on anything else.

There is just too much BANG going on with these guns for my liking. I get that it is a compact/pocket pistol. The action is just more stiff than I care for. The feed angle into the chamber is too step and I have reduced it with a dremel and polished to allow better performance. Due to the step angle, hollow point ammo showed a tendancy to not chamber all the way. Not a failure to feed; per say, but even with the stiff slide spring, at times it would not seat the round all the way in, allowing the slide to go all the way forward. The 380 in this gun shoots like a 44 magnum to me. It's just not the smooth I'm looking for in a compact carry fire arm. I see girls get this for their carry gun, shoot it for the first time and just hate it, let alone can't hit anything with it.

5000 rounds and frequent shooting, maybe a different opinion, but for sure a sore wrist.

I'm a Ruger fan and absolutely dislike the LCP line. I would rather spend twice the money on anything else.

There is just too much BANG going on with these guns for my liking. I get that it is a compact/pocket pistol. The action is just more stiff than I care for. The feed angle into the chamber is too step and I have reduced it with a dremel and polished to allow better performance. Due to the step angle, hollow point ammo showed a tendancy to not chamber all the way. Not a failure to feed, per say, but even with the stiff slide spring, at times it would not seat the round all the way in, allowing the slide to go all the way forward. The 380 in this gun shoots like a 44 magnum to me. It's just not the smooth I'm looking for in a compact carry fire arm. I see girls get this for their carry gun and shoot it for the first time and just hate it, let along can't hit anything with it.

5000 rounds and frequent shooting, maybe a different opinion, but for sure a sore wrist.

The lcp is junk, my .44 mag is more enjoyable to shoot.

There is just too much BANG going on with these guns for my liking. I get that it is a compact/pocket pistol. The action is just more stiff than I care for. The feed angle into the chamber is too step and I have reduced it with a dremel and polished to allow better performance. Due to the step angle, hollow point ammo showed a tendancy to not chamber all the way. Not a failure to feed; per say, but even with the stiff slide spring, at times it would not seat the round all the way in, allowing the slide to go all the way forward. The 380 in this gun shoots like a 44 magnum to me. It's just not the smooth I'm looking for in a compact carry fire arm. I see girls get this for their carry gun, shoot it for the first time and just hate it, let alone can't hit anything with it.

Thanks for that. I have not shot either LCP. ^^

The lcp is junk, my .44 mag is more enjoyable to shoot.

Really..Do you all have the latest model of it? The other day I was going to buy it along side the shotgun I bought, but decided against it due to having a BG380 already. The guy told me the newest model is leaps and bounds ahead of the last.

Really..Do you all have the latest model of it? The other day I was going to buy it along side the shotgun I bought, but decided against it due to having a BG380 already. The guy told me the newest model is leaps and bounds ahead of the last.

I have shot one that was purchased late last year. So i am assuming yes, hated every minute of it. The sights are terrible as well, trigger pull, ejection and feeding just felt very mechanical and not smooth at all.

I have the LC9 and love it. Carry it more than my XDM because of comfort but would and do trust either with my life. LCP is junk. Terrible sights and as people say feels like a cannon especially for such a smaller round. LC9 is very comfortable to shoot and I have pretty big hands.

Sucks you can't take guns on a "test drive" first.

most ranges you can rent the gun for a few bucks. some will even let you test it before you buy it. ohio valley for sure has one, powderoom(5$ to rent) also had one both can rent to "test drive"

The LC9 and the G26 aren't even in the same category. The SR9c is comparable to the G26. The LC9 is like a Metro and the G26 like an Accord. You want the bare minimum that will get you from A to B and fit anywhere you need to park? Get the Metro. You want a car that will run the same with 200K on it as it did new? Get the Accord.

Either way, I prefer the SR9c in that category (as is well known here).

I'm somewhat used to a long pull with the BG380. Hate it. Not to mention it's double action, but I digress. The good thing is it doesn't have the cannon effect. Maybe I'll stay away from the LCP. I'll eventually get the G26 then I guess. I know it's a good gun. I have a 27 and 30.

As pure carry pistols, it's hard to complain about either of the LC guns. I love my LCP when I need to pocket carry. I don't particularly enjoy shooting it, but for CCW purposes, comfort>enjoyment. Buy another handgun for range time. If you want range time, and carry, I'd go G26/19, or SR9C, or MP9C/Shield.

As pure carry pistols, it's hard to complain about either of the LC guns. I love my LCP when I need to pocket carry. I don't particularly enjoy shooting it, but for CCW purposes, comfort>enjoyment. Buy another handgun for range time. If you want range time, and carry, I'd go G26/19, or SR9C, or MP9C/Shield.

I totally agree. That's the point of this, comfort really. I started carrying a Kimber and it was heavy as fuck. Made my way all the way down to a .380. Even my S&W 40c is heavy to carry. Of the Glocks, the 27 is the easiest. The 30 is wide and heavy.