Usually not a Ford Fan...

Geeesammy

I towed a 4800lb fifth wheel from Ohio to San Antonio with an 07 F150 with the 4.6 in it with no problems more than once.

I doubt you will have any problems at all.

I had a buddy with the same truck as me towing a 11,000 camper averaging 70mph+ with no issues so I am hoping I am all set. Will be nice to put this truck to real use...

What in the fuck are you talking about? Lay off the crack.

Your Driveway/Lawn is the place for GML's to go and be stored for one purpose only vehicles. I need this one for this, that one for that and that one there to tow that one. SO without the 5 together you have a un-useable set.

Your Driveway/Lawn is the place for GML's to go and be stored for one purpose only vehicles. I need this one for this, that one for that and that one there to tow that one. SO without the 5 together you have a un-useable set.

:lol:

You know that 95% of all Fords ever built are still on the road today...

The other 5% made it home. :gabe:

You know that 95% of all Fords ever built are still on the road today...

The other 5% made it home. :gabe:

The 90's called, they want their joke back

I know this forum is GM heavy, but I don't see the brand loyalty. I understand Anthonys. Dude got a Ford, had a lemon, and got screwed. I get that. Most people that complain about certain manufacturers have never even owned one. They go off what others have said. THEN the ones that HAVE owned one of Make "X" don't REALLY test them. I dunno. Just all kinds of bias.

My buddy drives a powerstroke with 280K on the odo and pulls over 11K pounds on the regular. No probs.

Dad towed 8-10K multiple times a week with his 96 and 2007 Fords (both V8s). Only thing he ever did to eather was regular maintenance. As a matter of fact just last week he traded in the 07, which he bought in 09 for $17K out the door, and got $13,500 on the trade. 4 years and 65K miles. He paid a whopping $3,500 plus oil changes for that.

I'm not Ford loyal by any means. I drive a 78 K10 which I love and am having a blast replacing everything on (weird. I thought GMs never needed anything. :lol:). Some day I hope to have it fully restored. Either way, I have loved every single one of the Fords I've used (not for groceries but as trucks are intended) and have NEVER had a problem with any of them.

shrug.gif

EDIT: Forgot to mention, he traded it in on a 2013 F150 Ecoboost, loaded. I already love that truck.

I know this forum is GM heavy, but I don't see the brand loyalty.

My grandpa worked for GM for 30+ years. He only bought Chevys or Buicks his whole life. My parents only buy GM, my brothers only buy GM, I've only owned GM. Every car my family has owned, new and used, has been a great/reliable car. All GM. "Stick with what works" has worked out pretty well so far.

That being said, I like a ton of different cars and I'm too much of a car enthusiast to limit myself to one manufacturer. I think at some point I'll be the first one in my family to own a non-GM car, and I have no idea what their reaction will be :lol:

I know this forum is GM heavy, but I don't see the brand loyalty.

I would say I am not really loyal to any brand, but I favor GM. I've owned all kinds of vehicles from different manufacturers. I just enjoy giving Ford owners a little shit. Fact is though, I have owned a few Fords, and I can think of two that have been the best vehicles I have owned. 91 ford ranger went through me and my brother learning how to drive (and being driven hard and stupid as 2 16 year old boys would drive it) and it still ran like a top when we got rid of it. The other was an old Econoline van (300 straight 6, best motor Ford ever made IMO). I'm just more of a GM fan for ease to work on (for me), parts are cheap and easy to find, and GM knows how to build a good dependable motor (3.8, gen 1 sbc, lsx).

I won't disagree with the points made. Replacing the tail lights lenses and headlights on my truck entailed 5 minutes and a Phillips head screwdriver. :lol: Doesn't get any easier than that.

Oh, I also failed to mention when I was with dad up at PPC Wednesday one of the guys there has a new Ecoboost and hauled a 24,600 pound (total weight including truck) load. That's just nuts to me.

Oh, I also failed to mention when I was with dad up at PPC Wednesday one of the guys there has a new Ecoboost and hauled a 24,600 pound (total weight including truck) load. That's just nuts to me.

That's well outside of it's listed capacities and not really saying much. I would question what exactly "hauled" means. A lot of half ton trucks, ecoboost or not, can move that much weight. I doubt it could hardly stop it, and I doubt very strongly that he spent much time on a freeway with it, if any. If he did he's a dumbass regardless.

Me and thousands of other owners. Difference is, I ditched mine for something better. GM :)

I almost got a 5.0 , I was super close and then I tried to get the 2nd gear issue fixed. ( They use wrong weight fluid and will replace). nope they would do shit for a totaly bone stock car

Until the fucking thing breaks and Ford tells the customer to take their "warranty" and go fuck themselves.

Like I said, I agree. You got screwed. Dad got lucky as he has never needed to use his for any and his 2013 he just bought from Nourse in Chillicothe. They offer a Lifetime powertrain warranty of their own. We'll see if he ever needs it.

That's well outside of it's listed capacities and not really saying much. I would question what exactly "hauled" means. A lot of half ton trucks, ecoboost or not, can move that much weight. I doubt it could hardly stop it, and I doubt very strongly that he spent much time on a freeway with it, if any. If he did he's a dumbass regardless.

...ok.

Anyway, thanks to my GM asploding Friday (yes, it's old and needs rebuilt so I'm not implying in any way ALL GM's are this way) we had a chance to use dads Ecoboost to haul. Did great. I can't complain.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=778&pictureid=7179

I took my dad truck shopping earlier this year. We went to look at the Ecoboost F150's. The salesman advised us to stay way from them if we planned on towing anything. He said they see lots of issues with them? Anyone else have any insight to that claim?

• 1 month later...
I towed a 4800lb fifth wheel from Ohio to San Antonio with an 07 F150 with the 4.6 in it with no problems more than once.

I doubt you will have any problems at all.

Pulled 6000lbs this weekend from Columbus to DFW through the Ozarks. 15mpg and no problems. I was happy.