Prediction

Mojoe

Gun scariness blows over and some small changes take place. With that, demand drops for all this back order stuff. Companies are pushing production hard to cash in right now. Three months form now the fear drops off and so does the willingness/want from the new buyers. With warm weather, other things will take priority and therefore, a flood of availability from canceled orders. Prices try to stay up where they are for two more months and drop back down about 10% over what we knew them as 3 months ago.

Blind guess. Prove me wrong system.

Obama is "confident" that new gun control and immigration laws will be passed very soon. What they will be is unknown. I'm guessing that at the very least they will be able to pass a 10 round mag. limit. If ANYTHING gets passed, it's going to be very bad news as they will continue to chop away at our rights. One step at a time.

This "universal background check" sounds innocent enough but in order for it to be enforced, there will need to be a national gun registry. This will fit right in with the UN Small Arms Trade Treaty that's coming up in March. Registration makes it much easier to confiscate, which is their ultimate goal.

You guys need to keep writing/calling/emailing your government reps. Don't become complacent.

I think Mojoe's timing is a bit optimistic. Supply will take a long to catch up this time and the prices won't come down much in 2013. Ammo supply will probably be back in October, but at still elevated prices - unless the Small Arms Trade Treaty happens and imports of ammo stop. If that happens ammo prices will skyrocket.

I just want to be able to enjoy a weekend at the range (without body armor too). I don't like falling short of my on hand ammo, just to go plinking at paper/steel. I'd love to stay optimistic, but I don't forsee a slow down until summer at best. Shelves should be stocked, but it seems the slightest word from D.C will set fire to an already fragile situation.

I just want to be able to enjoy a weekend at the range (without body armor too). I don't like falling short of my on hand ammo, just to go plinking at paper/steel. I'd love to stay optimistic, but I don't forsee a slow down until summer at best. Shelves should be stocked, but it seems the slightest word from D.C will set fire to an already fragile situation.

In other words as soon as it comes back down, stock the hell back up. :)

My Prediciton is if anything happens...

High Capacity Cli... I mean Magazine ban.

Maybe a higher price on ammo due to demand for a while, then the price to stay the same with the UN Treaty bull shit

Along with some bull shit "Covered By Obama Care" to make obtaining firearms harder for some... Those with PTSD, ADHD, ADD... ect

Sorry Comrades, it is hard times for us true Americans

i think most "gun" people will simply keep what they have bought instead of flooding the market when this blows over. but the people who only bought an AR because they thought the oppotunity to buy one might go away. i think those people will be selling theirs as soon as they can or when they need money.

i've wanted more AR's for awhile i've just used this as my reason to pull the trigger :)

i'm 99.9% sure this ban will not happen but i was also 99% sure a gun ban would have never gotten this far.

the stockpiles of ammunition is what i'm hopping people will be getting rid of when this blows over.

the stockpiles of ammunition is what i'm hopping people will be getting rid of when this blows over.

Let's all start spreading rumors ammunition only have a shelf life of a year or 2. So if they don't shoot it with in an alotted time , it will be unsafe to shoot. :lolguy:

Maybe we can get someone to fall for it and dump the ammo they been hording for cheap.

I think 10 years corresponds to what some militaries use for small arms ammo. After 10 years it either gets destroyed, broken down for components, or sold to the civilian market as live ammo.

The oldest surplus ammo that I've ever fired was some Russian 7.62x54r ammo and it was dated 1945. Still functioned flawlessly!