ex-LA cop wages "unconventional and asymmetrical" warfare against police

Das Borgen

This has been going on recently and it is fucked up stuff and is NOT going to end well. anyone else following this crazy story of an ex-LAPD cop (and ex-military) declaring war on the LAPD and law enforcement in general? the body count was (2) last night before i went to bed: he killed the daughter (and her boyfriend) of a retired LAPD captain. cold blooded. this morning: 3 officers shot, one dead, one critical.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2013/02/ex-lapd-cop-manhunt.html

http://gma.yahoo.com/ex-la-cop-sought-shootings-3-cops-2-101603335--abc-news-topstories.html

"Local, state and federal authorities are involved in the search for Christoper Jordan Dorner, 33, who threatened "unconventional and asymmetrical warfare" against police in an manifesto posted on his Facebook page. "

his "manifesto" as written

http://ktla.com/2013/02/07/read-christopher-dorners-so-called-manifesto/#axzz2KEactzjD

not a good situation

his car is this

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18dx85yuipdssjpg/original.jpg

LA cops have already shot at mistakenly IDed trucks that (obviously) were not him

http://www.kabc.com/common/page.php?pt=Dorner+Manhunt%3A+Police+Searching+for+charcoal+gray+Nissan+Titan&id=2141&is_corp=0

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read according to military records, he's a rifle marksman and pistol expert.

Anyone care to fill me in on the ranking system for firearm expertise in the military?

Marksman is lowest qualification

Expert is highest.

He is expert on strong side as well as weak side with a 9mm.

Anyone care to fill me in on the ranking system for firearm expertise in the military?

He's Navy, so the fact he can shoot a rifle makes him an "expert". :lol:

I kid.

Army qualification consists of 40 targets and 40 rounds: 20 - targets (20 rounds) in supported/sandbag, 10 - unsupported and 10 - kneeling. Furthest targets are at 300 meters aka 5.56 drop to line of sight.

36-40 out of 40 = Expert

30-35 = sharpshooter

23-29 = marksman

So what are your qualifications Scotty?

I usually shot expert. Had a few "off" days, thanks to hangovers.

Rifle - expert

Machine gun - expert

Pistol - expert

Shotgun - expert

M203 - expert

German weapons qualified silver. (Missed by 2 rounds with the MG3)

I'm also pretty good as a Bradley Gunner. Can't remember our rankings in gunnery for the Bradley, but my crew was pretty damn solid.

He's Navy, so the fact he can shoot a rifle makes him an "expert". :lol:

I lol'd, because it's true, unfortunately. In the Navy, we never shot shit, shoot once for your qual on a M16, and twice a year for the 9mm. Shit was a joke, honestly.

Shitty situation. Hope more bloodshed is avoided, but I'm sure it'll come down to a shoot out.

I don't understand why he feels violence is the only answer to all this, hell if he sent that manifesto without the 'I kill you' parts, some reporter would feel inclined to investigate it. Once public here's of it, a lot of internal affairs shit would go down.

Just a bad situation.

Shitty situation. Hope more bloodshed is avoided, but I'm sure it'll come down to a shoot out.

I don't understand why he feels violence is the only answer to all this, hell if he sent that manifesto without the 'I kill you' parts, some reporter would feel inclined to investigate it. Once public here's of it, a lot of internal affairs shit would go down.

Just a bad situation.

Because if you release that much information about a police department that corrupt, its them or you.

he is probably going after specific targets, probably not random killing.

Because if you release that much information about a police department that corrupt, its them or you.

he is probably going after specific targets, probably not random killing.

Here is his manifesto

I skimmed through it. He lists the former partner that he exposed as beating a mentally handicapped suspect who wasn't being aggressive. He was then charged with lying about it, and claims the person assigned to defend him had no interest in defending him, and 2 or the 3 internal affairs people assigned to judge the case had personal relationships with either the former partner or someone else that was bringing the charges against him. So yes, he was naming names.

I'm sure there is more to the case. I have no clue if the guy is either insane and delusional, or if he's right and the LAPD is covering up all kinds of shit. I could believe either, considering the history the LAPD has had (just look at what they did in the 90's), and the fact that they have already shot up a truck with two women in it, injuring them, even though it wasn't even the correct model truck, just that it was blue. This recklessness to end the life of the guy, rather than make any attempt at arresting him tells me they want him SILENCED instead of giving him the chance to drag them out in front of a non partial judge in a real court.

Here is his manifesto

I skimmed through it. He lists the former partner that he exposed as beating a mentally handicapped suspect who wasn't being aggressive. He was then charged with lying about it, and claims the person assigned to defend him had no interest in defending him, and 2 or the 3 internal affairs people assigned to judge the case had personal relationships with either the former partner or someone else that was bringing the charges against him. So yes, he was naming names.

I'm sure there is more to the case. I have no clue if the guy is either insane and delusional, or if he's right and the LAPD is covering up all kinds of shit. I could believe either, considering the history the LAPD has had (just look at what they did in the 90's), and the fact that they have already shot up a truck with two women in it, injuring them, even though it wasn't even the correct model truck, just that it was blue. This recklessness to end the life of the guy, rather than make any attempt at arresting him tells me they want him SILENCED instead of giving him the chance to drag them out in front of a non partial judge in a real court.

This...