2014 Shelby GT 500 custom build @ MSRP or slightly below

2highpsi

For anyone that doesn't know, I run a Ford dealership in Cambridge. I just found out today that we will get one of the first 2014 Shelbys to be built. We are looking at a March build date. I have to have my order in within the next two days. I figured I would throw the option on here if anyone was interested to get a deal (considering the market on these) for one that they would like custom built. I would need a deposit, and we would have to iron out the details by Wednesday.

If you want a base, no option Shelby we would be looking at MSRP. If you add options to it, I could start dropping below MSRP up $1000 off. Other dealers are marking these up upwards of 10k.

If you are interested feel free to call or text me at 740-229-9222

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/wp-content/uploads//2012/04/Shelby-GT500-03.jpg

Thanks but no thanks here. Mine's going back to ford as a lemon

After Anthony's ordeal, I spent some time reading about some of the problems on the newer 5.0's. It's a friggen epidemic. Sad to see it happening on the new GT500's as well.

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs14/f/2007/089/3/a/WTF_FORD_by_SelanPike.png

Thanks but no thanks here. Mine's going back to ford as a lemon

Yeh, rightfully so.

It sucks that you ended up with one with issues.

That being said, I see just about every make/model you can think of run thru the lanes as "lemon buy backs". It's not a problem attached to a brand. It's a problem attached to anything with 10,000 moving a parts and multiple computer controlled electrical systems designed and assembled by imperfect humans.

Not trying to change your mind either Kirk. You have a bad taste in your mouth, and I would also. That goes for others such as Anthony too.

I'm not putting this on here trying to "sell" anyone on Ford.

I put it on here for anyone that was already intending on picking one up, to possibly get them one cheaper than they otherwise could (especially in the timeframe I can get this one)

Not trying to change your mind either Kirk. You have a bad taste in your mouth, and I would also. That goes for others such as Anthony too.

I'm not putting this on here trying to "sell" anyone on Ford.

I put it on here for anyone that was already intending on picking one up, to possibly get them one cheaper than they otherwise could (especially in the timeframe I can get this one)

I don't think anyone is questioning your motives.

Anthony thinks very highly of you, just poorly of Ford. :fuckyeah:

I don't think anyone is questioning your motives.

Anthony thinks very highly of you, just poorly of Ford. :fuckyeah:

I appreciate that.

I didn't mean it to come off defensive, just explanatory.

Damn you Internet, and your lack of proper display of tone and inflection.

I appreciate that.

I didn't mean it to come off defensive, just explanatory.

Damn you Internet, and your lack of proper display of tone and inflection.

i understand. plenty of people are incredibly happy with their gt500's. these cars put down insane amounts of power. some guy the other day on svtperformance put down 620 rwhp bone stock. ford should have given the car a better clutch, and stuck with 3.55 gears instead of 3.27's (or whatever the car comes with stock). ford should have also gotten wider tires out back. i simply could never get the car to hook. even in second gear. i had to do a light burnout just to heat the tires up so the car was somehwat safe to drive. i would literally have the rear of the car go out on me trying to feather the car around a simple turn. the clutch was too grabby. i loved the interior of the car, the seats, the sound, the fit/finish of the car was miles ahead of my z06. but a modded c6z spoils your take on just about every other car when it comes to performance.

i got my car in september---cold as balls here in wisconsin. couldn't get the car to hook at all, ever. that combined with all the issues i had put a bad taste in my mouth. add to that the horrible customer service i got from a dealership 45 minutes away, and you could only imagine how pissed the situation made me. hell i still have the car in my garage, maybe i should be driving it.

i got my car in september---cold as balls here in wisconsin. couldn't get the car to hook at all, ever. that combined with all the issues i had put a bad taste in my mouth. add to that the horrible customer service i got from a dealership 45 minutes away, and you could only imagine how pissed the situation made me. hell i still have the car in my garage, maybe i should be driving it.

More talk/pics/video/inviteToComeToWisconsinToTakeAride of GTR less of busted Mustang please. :)

I was originally considering getting one of the 5.0s as I had the chance to get one for a good deal.. after all the gearbox issues I read online and that we could not get ford to fix IPS's Bone stock low mile car I decided to save my money ...

If you'll sell it at invoice, let me know.

Unfortunately Ford charges us a fee just to have the ability to order a Shelby. That only guarantees us one for the year.

If I would sell it for invoice, it would be a net loss deal, even including the under the line money I receive from Ford.

I honestly could sell the thing for MSRP to a "locator service" who will in turn sell it to another dealer, who will in turn put in on their lot for huge mark-up. I shy away from these transactions for two reasons. 1.) I hate dealers that do business that way. and 2.) It doesn't help me "earn allocation" for future units. The way Ford works is the more vehicles I RETAIL, the more I can order.

If it were just about anything OTHER than a Shelby (that I had to pay a fee to even order) I would gladly order you a vehicle for invoice.

Unfortunately Ford charges us a fee just to have the ability to order a Shelby. That only guarantees us one for the year.

If I would sell it for invoice, it would be a net loss deal, even including the under the line money I receive from Ford.

I honestly could sell the thing for MSRP to a "locator service" who will in turn sell it to another dealer, who will in turn put in on their lot for huge mark-up. I shy away from these transactions for two reasons. 1.) I hate dealers that do business that way. and 2.) It doesn't help me "earn allocation" for future units. The way Ford works is the more vehicles I RETAIL, the more I can order.

If it were just about anything OTHER than a Shelby (that I had to pay a fee to even order) I would gladly order you a vehicle for invoice.

I understand, no worries.

How many cars does your dealer sell in 1-month? One for the year seems crazy unless it's a very small dealer.

don't think you'll get one at invoice anywhere, but plenty are selling below MSRP.

I've got a coworker that wants one. I've found a few very close so not worried about $500-1k over if that's what he's willing to spend.

I understand, no worries.

How many cars does your dealer sell in 1-month? One for the year seems crazy unless it's a very small dealer.

We sold 1277 retail units last year. We aren't huge by any means.

Ford classifies us as a "Select" dealer. The next category is "Contact" which is what Ricarts is.

We delivered 3 new Shelby's last year, which was the most out of any Select dealer in the Midwest region.

This one is gone though. I hope to be able to twist some arms and get more, but I won't know if that can happen for a few months atleast.