Opinions on SW 5906/ 6906

Tshensley

Looking for opinions on either one. I tried the 6906 and liked the weight of it but would've preferred a longer handle. I have not been able to find a 5906 to try locally. Does anyone have one currently and or know someone interested in parting with one?

Seems the 5906 is going for cheaper, as more people like the light weight of the 6906.

What are they going for nowadays I bought one awhile ago and when I had it I put a few thousand rds through it without a hiccup. I almost bought a boat load of model 910s a few years ago that had a bunch of holster wear and they were going for $259, I really wish I wouldn't of passed that up.

From what I've found 400-500 for 5906

450-550 for 6906

Although another model that looks to split the difference is the 5903, which is a stainless slide with alloy full size frame

I have both, what do you really want to know? Other than size, the 5906 has about a half inch in barrel and grip over the 6906 and a 2 round capacity advantage, there isn't much difference. Some have a dislike for the decocker.

I have both, what do you really want to know? Other than size, the 5906 has about a half inch in barrel and grip over the 6906 and a 2 round capacity advantage, there isn't much difference. Some have a dislike for the decocker.

Overall weight comparison, does the 5906 feel that much heavier? Overall opinion on purchasing one of these as a self defense, and range shooter?