wheel shopping

Miller

If you want best performing and set on 10 out back and 9 up front then get the smallest diameter you can find. Generally these are the lightest (except when you get into forged centers and different materials which + $$$$). The rest of it is up to the tires. So if you can fit 14's over your brakes and have clearance then get get 14x10 out back 14x9 up front. Maximum performance. Everything else is personal choice.

Yep. The whole unsprung weight and overall weight of the wheel. It's easier for the car to run 14 inch wheels than 17 basically. Think of it like a huge fan and a tiny one. It takes a lot more energy to spin the blades on the larger ones and those tips have to move much faster thus using more energy than the fan with shorter blades. By shorter and larger I mean close to the center or more far away like the spokes and ultimately outer rim of the wheel.

Then obviously weight comes into play because it's easier to spin a lighter weight than something heavier.

Yep. The whole unsprung weight and overall weight of the wheel. It's easier for the car to run 14 inch wheels than 17 basically. Think of it like a huge fan and a tiny one. It takes a lot more energy to spin the blades on the larger ones and those tips have to move much faster thus using more energy than the fan with shorter blades. By shorter and larger I mean close to the center or more far away like the spokes and ultimately outer rim of the wheel.

Then obviously weight comes into play because it's easier to spin a lighter weight than something heavier.

Wouldn't tire size come into play? If you run a small rim and tire that could really limit top speed and you would row the gears quicker, but with a taller tire (on a 14 inch rim) it would limit your ability to corner. Personally I would try to find a lightweight 17" rim.

It could limit the top speed except if you do a 17 inch wheel you will most likely have a lower profile tire. With a 14 you will probably go with a thicker sidewall and the overall diameter of both wheels will probably be a lot closer in size than you think. Plus peole with 14's can go over 80. lol. Limiting the top speed with wheels is like going 130 instead of 138 maybe. Then it really depends on your car's top speed.

But all was saying is purely performance based. Not really the other 50%+ of choosing wheels which is personal taste and style.

My old G35 coupe had 19x10.5 in the rear with +15 offset and stretched tires. None of that is performance. It was a low and slow / hard parking kind of car.

So it's hard if you want to balance the two: Form and Function. Gotta figure it out for yourself.

Not bad

Whats your bolt pattern? I'm selling my RPF1's because my new car has a different bolt pattern. Matte bronze "limited editions", 17x8 +45 5x114.3. They are currently mounted to some 235/45 Direzza StarSpec Z1's, which are pretty much shot, but would roll you around until you figured out which tires you want to run.

Whats your bolt pattern? I'm selling my RPF1's because my new car has a different bolt pattern. Matte bronze "limited editions", 17x8 +45 5x114.3. They are currently mounted to some 235/45 Direzza StarSpec Z1's, which are pretty much shot, but would roll you around until you figured out which tires you want to run.

That's a good looking wheel thanks for the offer. I really wanted to run wider than 8's but you can pm me something to think about.