Walther P22 input

gillbot

I have had one for years with no issues. The only thing I would say is, because it's not set up to function in many of the same ways as other semi auto's, people may not like it. Once you get how it works, it's a great little piece. I'm picking up a second one soon.

I also have a M&P22, and like it quite a bit. It's very functional and simple.

The SR22, well good luck finding one. When I do find one I will pick one up too.

I like variety. And these frames are great to train with, as I have the higher calibers in them as well. You must shoot the high velocity ammo through the 22 hand guns and you will be fine.

To say it is junk should be followed with your experience with it.

I guess if they call it gay, they should share their "experience" as well?

Anyway, thanks for the good info. I've been looking at a handful of 22 pistols, but the frenzy buying has nearly everything OOS and impossible to find. If this one is a lemon, I'll just keep looking but it's nice to know some tips before going to look so I know what to look out for.

The SR22, well good luck finding one. When I do find one I will pick one up too.

To say it is junk should be followed with your experience with it.

Walther P22s are Junk. The gun is cheap, it is selective when it comes to ammo. The slides is junk, I had one cracked on me a few years back and of course since I bought it used, S&W/Walther wouldn't warranty it. The gun will only run on high Velicity rounds reliably, running anything else will give you issues. I bought a Ruger SR22 and never looked back. never had an issue with mine and it will eat anything I put through it.

BTW Joe, if you are a NRA instructor.. look into Rugers NRA instructor purchase program. PM me if you want this years price list. :)

Some are picky about ammo brands, some aren't.

That is the only issue I have ever heard of people having with them. I have had my P22 for about 4 years now and love it. Once I found the ammo it likes, I just buy a brick of it and have a blast at the gun range.

That is the only issue I have ever heard of people having with them. I have had my P22 for about 4 years now and love it. Once I found the ammo it likes, I just buy a brick of it and have a blast at the gun range.

This is what I came to say. And we've had ours about the same amount of time. But, it got used heavily during CHL training classes for a few months by many students with no issues other than ammo brand.

Walther P22s are Junk. The gun is cheap, it is selective when it comes to ammo. The slides is junk, I had one cracked on me a few years back and of course since I bought it used, S&W/Walther wouldn't warranty it. The gun will only run on high Velicity rounds reliably, running anything else will give you issues. I bought a Ruger SR22 and never looked back. never had an issue with mine and it will eat anything I put through it.

BTW Joe, if you are a NRA instructor.. look into Rugers NRA instructor purchase program. PM me if you want this years price list. :)

That's good info. I've not run into it, so it's good to look for. If someone has an issue, like you experianced, that's why I say it's best to share the details of that info. Otherwise I'll be in here all day defending having no issues and supporting the gun. As we all know, every gun maker has a bad story of there guns. Understand I'm a huge Ruger fan, so I'm not beating up the SR22 at all.

I was not informed on the instructor program. I just looked it up and have orders a SR22. Thank you. The 2013 list has more than the 2012 did. Nice

I was not informed on the instructor program. I just looked it up and have orders a SR22. Thank you. The 2013 list has more than the 2012 did. Nice

The NRA instructor discounts are worth the price of becoming an instructor even if you were to never teach a class... :) L3 industries, Trijicon, S&W, all have great discounts for NRA insturctors. Prices are very similar to LEO/Mil discounts except the NRA instructors has a limit.. lol

And, not all dealers do LE/Military discount, which I get. The dealer actuall gets the gun for less to sell to LE/Military. When they don't get in those guns, they can't sell it at a reduced price and make a profit. Just FYI, if somepeople didn't know.

In my search, I did see the other companies that offer discounts to instructor. Do LIKE!!! I've had deals like this with Oakley and Danners, now I get to see it with a few others. Thanks for the heads up, Frank.