Has anyone tried this lube?

Diamonds

I have not personally tried it, but I know a guy that has and he seems to like it well enough. I've got enough different kinds of gun lube around here to last 3 lifetimes. I looked into buying some of this stuff, but IIRC, it's pricey, so I didn't buy any.

I have not personally tried it, but I know a guy that has and he seems to like it well enough. I've got enough different kinds of gun lube around here to last 3 lifetimes. I looked into buying some of this stuff, but IIRC, it's pricey, so I didn't buy any.

Price has really come down on this stuff since I first looked into it a year or so ago. Went ahead and ordered the paste to try out.

You are better off using Super Lube from the auto parts store. Frog lube freezes in the cold and gums up over time with use, locking up your gun.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_7/578960_Frog_Lube.html

Of course, you can't go wrong with CLP.

I've used Super Lube for years now. My dad turned me on to it as he used to use it all the time for industrial applications. It's still my Go-To. Shit is amazing. :fuckyeah:

I've used Super Lube for years now. My dad turned me on to it as he used to use it all the time for industrial applications. It's still my Go-To. Shit is amazing. :fuckyeah:

I haven't tried it on any guns (yet) but Triflow is pretty good for everything I've ever put it on. Just hard to find for some reason.

I like free samples, can you get me as many as possible? :)

I usually use left over synthetic oils from oil changes, either it's motul, redline, or GC 0w30. It's cheaper than synthetic gun lube, especially the way I like to oil my BCGs.. lol I also use a CLP cleaner on the more Expensive Guns/ARs that I have.

Edited by 1fastSTI

Got it friday, tried it out. Strong spearmint smell and it feels more like chapstick on your fingers than a solvent. Smeared the paste all over my p99, hit it with a hair dryer, and wiped it off. Rag was quite dirty. Afterwards the gun kept a certain slickness to it for several hours until I'm guessing it impregnated the metal. I did another coat with the same effect. Gun looks like new and functions great.

Its lubricant properties are fairly good, but its cleaning properties I was VERY impressed by. Having the ability to just put some of it on your fingers and rub it over the gun without ruining your skin is a huge advantage.

Worthy purchase just for its green factor. If you clean a lot of guns or clean often, it's clearly a healthier choice.