E-85

DKilbourne

Has anyone purchased any E-85 locally lately and tested it? I need to get my car tuned soon and want to make sure that it is actually E-85 and not E-70. It will be much easier if I don't have to go station to station with a tester :) Also, if anyone has any that extra sitting around, I know that's not likely, I would be willing to pay for that. Thanks.

I've tested e85 and it was e75 or lower last time i checked. I WOULD WAIT for a tune until we get back to e80 or higher, at the very least set something up with your tuner ahead of time to touch the car up in the summer. Edited by Thorne

I've tested e85 and it was e75 or lower last time i checked. I WOULD WAIT for a tune until we get back to e80 or higher, at the very least set something up with your tuner ahead of time to touch the car up in the summer.

I agree with Bill on this. Get the blend up over 80%. Another option is to purchase E85 from a manufacturer that comes in right at 85%

I agree with Bill on this. Get the blend up over 80%. Another option is to purchase E85 from a manufacturer that comes in right at 85%

I know, just seeing if anyone had tested any lately. Do enough people use E-85 locally to even fill some of the tanks with E-70?

E85 goes back to summer blend (over 80%) in May I believe. Right now it's on winter blend which is around 70, do that make car less of a pita to start in winter.

I daily on e85 and you can notice the difference in blends. Mostly car runs richer and obviously lose some power during the winter/spring.

Here's the chart with blend changes.

http://www.e85mustangs.com/regions123.html