Newest addition to my home

dustinsn3485

Got this little guy on Easter from a rescue. He's 7 months old and a little cuddle monster.

At the rescue they named him Poncho, but I wanted something bike related so to keep the sound similar I named him "Desmo" (Desmosedici)

Anyways, as I was told, his father is a boxer mix and mother is a little brown dog. I've determined the mother had to be a beagle (this I determined while trying to sleep and he would howl and bark)

Anyways, pictures from the cell phone....

picture.php?albumid=285&pictureid=2679&thumb=1

picture.php?albumid=285&pictureid=2678&thumb=1

picture.php?albumid=285&pictureid=2677&thumb=1

picture.php?albumid=285&pictureid=2681&thumb=1

picture.php?albumid=285&pictureid=2680&thumb=1

Edited by dustinsn3485

dustin, that's awesome, and getting rescues is the way to go. We wanted a certain type and they didn't have one near me at the time, but my borther has resues and my next will be a rescue no matter what. Anything mixed with a beagle is going to be whole-heartedly loyal, and if they start howling, you'll definitely know when the beagle comes out. Ours (Tucker) will bark normally, then suddently switch to beagle mode and howl like crazy if he gets too excited. Beagle mixes just have these eyes that are tough to be mad at for too long. Good job dustin, i'll be expecting him to slum around the shop with you when we come over this summer....

(everyone's doing it, so i'm shamelessly putting my beagle mix up too)

2468539890092123726S500x500Q85.jpg

2134373070092123726S500x500Q85.jpg

2983305690092123726S500x500Q85.jpg

congrats man!!! we have have a beagle and a boxer for a while now and the two of them together were awesome, we sadly lost the beagle last week :( but that is one heck of a mix of a dog! glad you could give him a home.

that sucks e I am getting ready to put one of my boxers down found out he has cancer and just looks in extreme pain sometimes I hate for him to suffer like that. I got 2 boxers and a beagle i will say they do get along great mine are always playing around.

what the heck heres another doggy picture

jack russel/fox terrier mix.....only one I've ever seen that is calm, he's amazing....most dogs jump all over ya and yap and what not......he's about 10 years old now but he's always been pretty laid back--cept for when the UPS man comes :lol:

DSC01948.jpg

dang i'm gonna miss him :(

The UPS man?

:lol::D

The one we used to have, he would toss the packages out the truck and spin out of the drive way i kid ye not. The ups man we have now is a lil' smarter, he has doggy biscuits....but if he don't have them on him he has to run. Something about that brown truck my dog don't like---i have a feeling one of the ups guys kicked him once.

Now the mail lady, when she pulls in the drive way to deliver a large package, she gives him dog biscuits lol he don't even bark at her he just stands there waiting till she tosses them out :lol:

Oh yea and he HATES bicycles, he actually got hit once on the road chasing one.....lucky he's still alive :nono: