IMI polymer 30 round AR15 mags?

jjjxlr8

Anyone have any first hand experience with the Israeli (IMI) polymer 30 round mags for the AR15? Good quality?

If they are the older Orlite mags, they are junk. Unless you are getting them for dirt cheap, I'll put them in the same shitty category as thermelts mags. IMI metal mags they have.. they are nice mags.

My friend is considering purchasing 500 brand new mags and I think they are these:

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/MAG-790

Are these junk?

What's IMI Defense? lol Never heard of them. I don't think they are any part of IMI or IWI. And those are not the Olrite Mags. But for 39.99, I wouldn't touch one. And anything you buy from CTD is automatic Junk.

Never heard of IMI, but I have heard of IWI

IMI is Israeli Military Industries. They manufacture weapons (among other things) for the Israeli Defense Force and used to make semi-auto Galil rifles for export to the US back in the 80's. A quality organization, or used to be anyway.

IWI (Israeli Weapons Industries) used to be the small arms division of IMI until they were purchased from the Israeli government by a private company in 2005.

Note the "IMI-ISRAEL" engraved on my Galil...

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k239/jjjxlr8/IMG_3645_zps6e012d5a.jpg

IMI is Israeli Military Industries. They manufacture weapons (among other things) for the Israeli Defense Force and used to make semi-auto Galil rifles for export to the US back in the 80's. A quality organization, or used to be anyway.

IWI (Israeli Weapons Industries) used to be the small arms division of IMI until they were purchased from the Israeli government by a private company in 2005.

you beat me to it.