Howa Rifles?

Ackbar00

When I was looking to buy a 223 bolt action,Remington,Howa,and Savage were my three choices. I ended up with a savage.

Remington has a 1:12 inch twist barrel.

Howa catalog shows a 1:12 inch twist barrel,your link indicates a 1:10 inch twist barrel.

Savage has a 1:9 inch twist barrel.

I was planning on heavier bullets (62,69,77),so I went with Savage. If I was gonna be staying in the 55-62 range,I probably would've went with Remington or Howa.

I see the advantages like this.

Howa, savage, and tikka all have detached magazines. Not sure how many rounds each will hold or the availability of magazines but at least you start with detached bottom metal.

The 700 has no detached magazine but bottom metal upgrades are available from surgeon and seekins. The aftermarket for the 700 far surpasses any of the aforementioned rifles though.

It all depends on what your plans for the gun are and your budget.

When I was looking to buy a 223 bolt action,Remington,Howa,and Savage were my three choices. I ended up with a savage.

Remington has a 1:12 inch twist barrel.

Howa catalog shows a 1:12 inch twist barrel,your link indicates a 1:10 inch twist barrel.

Savage has a 1:9 inch twist barrel.

I was planning on heavier bullets (62,69,77),so I went with Savage. If I was gonna be staying in the 55-62 range,I probably would've went with Remington or Howa.

The Remington sps tactical is a 1:9 twist in .223.