need a shop recommendation

kirks5oh

my brother's 2008 GC SRT8 needs front/rear brakes. he's not the type to do this on his own :dumb:

pretty sure the rotors/calipers are in good shape, truck has 40k-ish miles. stealership quoted him $1900 to do the job. anyone have a recommended shop that will not rape him silly??

dipshit at the dealership looked at his car and said "you have aftermarket rotors. all GC SRT8 rotors are slotted"

thanks guys

kirk

How many miles does he have? Does he also need new hubs/bearings/wheel sensors? That seems far beyond even stealership prices...

where did he take it? You can pm me if you don't want to make it public as my dad has a 13 GC.

How many miles does he have? Does he also need new hubs/bearings/wheel sensors? That seems far beyond even stealership prices...

where did he take it? You can pm me if you don't want to make it public as my dad has a 13 GC.

A 2013 GC is completely different than a SRT GC. The SRT has brembo brakes and huge rotors. That price from a dealership is normal. 3-400$ a piece for the front rotors. 2-300 for rear.

A 2013 GC is completely different than a SRT GC. The SRT has brembo brakes and huge rotors. That price from a dealership is normal. 3-400$ a piece for the front rotors. 2-300 for rear.

yeah, wherever he took it, they had a 2013 in the showroom for like $60k:dumb: my brother notified the guy he talked to that obviously the earlier generation had normal non-slotted rotors

as much as i love these things, i think i'd stick with the previous generation model.