Acoustic Guitars - Taylor (Sold) and Alvarez (Still Avail) - Hilliard

31rx7

I have two spare guitars for sale.

TAYLOR IS SOLD!

The first is a Taylor Model 305 acoustic guitar, otherwise known as a "Baby Taylor". This is a very nice, 3/4 size guitar that is quality built and has a big sound. The guitar plays nicely and looks excellent. Taylor refers to this as a "travel guitar" on its site due to its compact size. It has a solid Sitka spruce top and Sapele laminate sides and back. You can read more details on the Taylor site.

The guitar sounds and plays just fine. A professional setup might be a good idea, but it is fine as is fo the typical player. There are no scratches or dents in the body. At some point in its life, the headstock was repaired. I suspect this was an amateur repair as it is not that cleanly done. This is why it is priced so low. The repair is functional and does not appear to affect the sound or playing.

The guitar comes with fairly new strings and a very nice Taylor gig bag, one of the nicest I've seen.

This would be ideal for a smaller person like a child or young teen just learning due to its small size, or as a spare.

Photos on CL ad: http://columbus.craigslist.org/msg/3685921849.html

$125 or best offer.

Taylor is SOLD

The second guitar is an old Alvarez 5022. The guitar is what I would call a "knockaround" guitar as it plays and sounds good, but has some bumps and bruises from being 40 or so years old. It could use a setup and some adjustment.

In checking with Alvarez, they suggest it was manufactured in the late '60's / early '70's based on the script "Alvarez" on the headstock and trim. Unfortunately, the factory did not keep good records of serial numbers and such, and so they can't tell for certain. You can read about the features and build of this model on Harmony Central or other guitar sites. Some say this has a solid spruce top, but I have a 5022 from 1977, and its top is laminate.

It has some nicks and scratches, but no cracks or big dents. It has the original adjustable bridge. The top shows some bellying, but it is not too bad in my opinion. One of the tuning pegs is incorrect and should be replaced. The strings are a few months old but I have not played it all that much; hence the reason I am selling it.

This is an ideal spare guitar, one that you can play outside by the campfire and not worry about hurting it. It comes with a chipboard case.

Photos on CL ad. http://columbus.craigslist.org/msg/3685886098.html

$100 or best offer.

Might take 1970's stereo equipment (amps, tuners, receivers, turntables) in trade.

Edited by 31rx7
Sold one guitar

Yes, the Taylor is a nice little guitar. Plays well and sounds good. I am amazed at how loud it is for such a small guitar.

The Alvarez, though it could use some work, is not a bad guitar either. Typically these 5022's go for $250 to $450.