Derek (TV Show)

CRed05

I just discovered this show last night and watched the first 4 episodes. I think it's hilarious, sort of starts out slow but the episodes keep getting better and better. So if you like Ricky Gervais/Karl Pilkington/British Humor, give it a watch.

I about pissed myself when I watched this a few episodes later:

Edited by kickass

I finished up the season the other day. You're spot on. Little slow to start, I think partly due to the fact I was expecting something different. Especially, aft4er reading a few reviews of people who've obviously never fucki9ng watched the show. For example, a couple critics bitched he was making fun of mentally disabled, etc when it's about as opposite of that as can be.

THe characters really flesh out over time and it's a rare show than can make you tear up and laugh out loud in less than 10min.

I'm able to relate to the show a bit as I worked in a Rehab center (not a drug rehab; mostly elderly and a couple mentally insufficient adults). Especially, the episode with one of the male volunteers, (don't recall his name, he played a black, British rapper in the particular episode), his views and how they were altered.

Of course, Karl Pilkington is funny as he behaves pretty much like Karl. haha He plays the janitor.

Anyway, good show. I just recommended it to another friend of mine the other day.

Yeah there is no way you can say that it makes fun of the mentally disabled/elderly if you actually watch it...it definitely grabs at your feels sometimes.

Yup...Karl just plays himself, and I like how he's the guy who usually stands up to the "Villian" in the show and just roasts them, ie the councilman guy in the first episode and lady who just wanted her mom's ring.

I recognized the rapper from this: