College Basketball Brackets?

BStowers023

I hope Smith Jr. doesn't start next year. I hope Williams improves on EVERYTHING. I hope Thomas AND Ross stay. I hope Scott improves on offense. I hope Creen breaks both his legs. I hope one of the two big play maker Freshmen we have coming in see playing time. Is that too much to ask for?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The lack of an inside scoring threat surely didn't help OSU this year. Live and die by the 3 point shot did them in. I didn't have really high expectations for this team coming into the season, I didn't think they would have anyone outside of Thomas that would be able to score, they did a lot better than what I hoped for. I am not that upset about them losing last night, Witchita St is no joke. The fact that they nearly came back from 20 points down with 11 minutes left, tells me that the talent/coaching is there. The first half shooting was just terrible as others have mentioned.

Craft will never be an offensive playmaker, that's just not his style nor his role on this team. He will continue to be a defensive annoyance for opposing teams. Lequitan (spell check) Ross needs to be starting over Smith Jr next year. The starting 5 should be:

Craft/Thompson/Ross/Thomas/Williams (can't teach height).

Thompson had some nice flashes but he did last year as well.

How did you not see improvement in Thompson?

Last year he scored .19 ppm

This year he scored .3 ppm

His biggest improvement was going from 7.1% from 3 to 40.4% from 3. His free throw percentage went from 54% to 70%. He definitely went from just an athlete to a basketball player, and he shot almost 50% overall this season.

I think the overall improvements of the team will make this a very well rounded team next year. I just think that you can't have Scott, Craft and LZelle on the floor at the same time. Scott just has absolutely 0 offense, Craft has no outside shot, and Lzelle thinks he is a shooter, but is such an athlete that he just needs to go to the rack all the time.

Like I said, Matta took a scorer and a defender to the elite 8. I think we may have something really special next season.

So he went from .2ppm to .3ppm. And his 3 point shooting/FT shooting... the sample size from the year before was so small. And his FG percentage went up about a half a percent. Maybe I just expected too much out of him. Maybe the way he was invisible last night affected my critique of him a bit too much.

Anyway... nevada said OSU obviously thinks Deshaun should stay but he's most likely gone. Ross said in interviews after the game last night that he's definitely coming back and it never really crossed his mind to think about leaving. Surprised if that's true (not even crossing his mind) but glad he'll be back.

I think Deshaun should stay because he's not a first rounder and he's a year from getting his degree. But he's got at a kid and he can make a nice chunk of change overseas if that's what it comes down to.