2.3 Turbo poootential?

99StockGT

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What did you have an engine out of and what did you have all done to it? One thing you'll learn about me, I have impecable timing ;)

I don't actually know which of the 2.3 cars the engine came out of, maybe one of it's previous owners will chime in, but it had a Ranger roller cam, adjustable cam gear, gutted upper intake, knife edge lower intake, and a T3/T4.

Ever get it Dyno'd or run a 1/4 in it? Sounds very similar to what I'm looking to do

Not while I owned it, I got it on a trade and it had some issues that needed worked out before it could see a dyno or a track. The turbo was blown when I got it and it really needed some engine management work, it also had a fairly sizable oil leak from the front of the motor.

From what I'm seeing some of the tuning/engine management work seems to be a bit of a challenge. Mostly all old school stuff that people haven't done in in years, unless you swap into newer ECUs and such which kind of defeats the purpose of "Old School"

I see people pretty consistenty running them into some solid 1/4 times, most of them running some type of T3/T4 hybrid and not building much of any boost till around 3k...curious how these stock width tires hold on with the 20+ lbs of extra wooooosh

I went and dug up the old thread, here was the for sale post.

2.3T

fresh bottom end ( stock bore and stroke) all arp fasteners

ported big valve head with roller cam and adjustable gear

arp studs and mls gasket 30psi plus capable

stock turbo coupe top mount IC

fully ported upper and lower intakes

t3-t4 50trim (needs gone through smokes some)

full 3in turbo back exh

recirculated bov

kirban adj rrfpr

short throw

stock suspension

14" wheels with new signet all seasons (16" wheels with 225 55 16 fuzion hri availaible at extra cost)

has boost and air fuel gauges mounted in center dash vent

white with blue interior

the good with this combo the car should easily be in the 11's however I don't have time to go through it

the bad smokes at startup and builds boost late the turbo has a bad seal most like likely its a newer ITS turbo so getting it rebuilt should be no problem, I am also including a turbo from an 86svo mustang and a stock manifold to test for the boosting problem

I'd like 1500 firm as it sits or 1800 with both sets of wheel and tires ( your getting the 14's either way becuase they don't fit on my other mustang)

I will also entertain trades for a complete supercharger setup for a 5.0 foxbody, a boat, or a motorcycle

this is not an obo price becuase I don't care if anyone buys it or not if you do it should be a simple matter of a couple of weekends work and you'll have a fun street strip car or nasty all out race car (gutted, suspension mods)

if nobody buys it I'll eventually sort it out or part it out

hell you could buy it and part it out for more than you paid for it

also for all the people who want to know exactly what turbo it is its an Inovative turbo solutions street heat t04e that sold for about 1000 new

pictures below

thanks for looking

If only they weren't so COMPLETELY hideous. Seeing a lot people pushing these into the 12s and even 11s but the dyno numbers for these mods just don't seem to add up. Most folks with these kind of mods are pushing 300-350 at best...though I guess the weight is something to consider..plus those incredible 80s aero packages!

I miss my setup that used to belong to a couple different people on here, I sold it because at the time my skills weren't developed enough to properly fix it up. The engine and transmission were sitting at Dyno Brian's the last time I saw them, don't know where they are now though.

This thread is pretty timely, I have been considering trying to find an XR4Ti

Here's your solution for a cheap solid XR4Ti (800 bucks)

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/3677785027.html