1911 compensators

2pointslow

I've been doing some research into compensators. What I've come up with is that they are useless in the .45acp. I have an aluminum framed .45 I was wanting to reduce muzzle flip for quicker follow up shots. Anyone have any experience with them? Obviously threaded not bushing.

Worthless on .45; you have to be able to reload in order to make pistol comps worthwhile. There are only a few select powders that put off enough gas to effectively drive a comp; none of which are going to work if loaded into 45. Step up to 460 Rowland and you could probably make it work. Or, step down into a race caliber and roll your own that way.

If you want to reduce muzzle flip; learn to shoot it better (i.e. shoot more).

I'm running a Canyon Creek tungsten guide rod on my Springfield XD...it does reduce felt recoil and flip, how much I can't say, but it is noticeably less. I've heard of similar reports for 1911s and Glocks with other brands as well. But more practice and perhaps a change in grip will help more.