Time Warner or AT&T uverse.

Moostang

Ok so TW guys, how are the boxes speed wise? With Att, I literally have to push the button a few times and it lags a lot, therefore pissing me off. My parents WOW cable is very fast. It seems that the box just cant keep up. They just sent me new remotes thinking that was the problem, it wasnt. The internet is slow also.

We're about to switch to TW, just wanted some input first.

Had 2 scientific atlanta boxes, ones was quick till it started fucking up, next box was slow as fuck. Then we ended up with a cisco box and by far is the best I've used, looks nice as well.

With Att, I literally have to push the button a few times and it lags a lot, therefore pissing me off.

This is exactly what I am dealing with. Two different guys were out yesterday and discovered some issues on the outside. They didn't even look at my box lag issue. I just requested to have them replaced with the new Cisco boxes. The lag pisses me off!!!

I left TW for Uverse. My only gripe with them was my bill was crazy expensive.

My TW boxes is plenty quick, but...

1 Scientific Atlanta box would pretty consistently go all pixelated in both sound and video. TW determined signal was fine, the box was just messed up.

The 2nd S.A. box of the exact same model lost the on-screen display. All OSDs and menus were shifted down and to the right off screen. They were unusable. This includes the guide and DVR menu.

Our current Samsung box needs rebooted weekly. Recently it's taken to randomly recording Yukon Men. We don't watch that show, and it's not scheduled. It records anyway. It used to do the same with random Disney Channel shows. If it doesn't get rebooted it will freeze while time-shifting a recording, and require a reboot.

Once while trying to watch The Walking Dead, the screen went blank and audio only played. When video came back, the box began automatically channel surfing.

I'm strongly thinking of going streaming-only.