CR hates people that dont always carry guns

V8 Beast

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be serious, I would always have my gun in my car and on me when possible (getting my ccw in a few weeks). I however, will not get mad if I am told to take it back to my car. I don't own the place so I wont even try to question their preferences.

Having it nearer to me will raise the chance that I will have it on me if I need it... but truth be told... if I get in a situation where I have to use my gun and I have a chance to run I am running every time. That gun is for me to protect myself and my family. Not to play Rambo, or stay around to get shot by some ccw guy who is playing Rambo.

You are not as cute when you say things that make sense.

You guys, you really don't have to explain to me why you can't leave the house without your blankey... Err, I mean your gun. It's scary out in the real world... I understand.

I am glad to see there are some people out there that think people of this earth still have good intentions, because I don't.

You are not as cute when you say things that make sense.

I am glad to see there are some people out there that think people of this earth still have good intentions, because I don't.

I think Farkas means more about living in fear than trusting everyone you pass that day. The reasoning of some people on here, it seems, is that they need to have a firearm within reach every moment of everyday; there is no other option for them. Their reasoning is that you never know when something may go down. I can understand that. However, what are the chances that you'll find yourself in that exact situation? I bet it's less that the possibility of getting in an accident and seriously injuring or killing yourself or being seriously injured or killed by another in an accident.

Before anyone answers, I mean that perfect storm of an incident that directly involves you and the use of a firearm where you'll find yourself able to protect yourself with well placed shots; no panic, not injuring a bystander, making things worse or injuring yourself. Of all the incidents in the world in one day, how often does that really happen? I know, even if it's one in a billion, you want to be ready, right? Well...

With this reasoning, why aren't you doing other things to stave off possible death? Do those who think as I've said above sit down and bathe as opposed to standing in a shower? Wouldn't want to risk slipping. How about boarding your windows up for obvious reasons? Another thing I question is why is it many of you are into extreme motorsports? I thought you were super concerned with you and your family's well-being? I mean, you want to carry a gun that makes others uncomfortable in public; into private establishments; others' opinions be damned. And when you cannot, you attack those without your beliefs? Why stop there? Perhaps, you should start wearing latex gloves and a mask everytime you're in public, too. Better have your family wear them, as well. Just to be safe. Lotta of diseases out there and they only seem to be increasing. No more walking thru the woods. Don't wanna get bit by a tick and spider. Hell, what if one of you is allergic? Do you see what I'm saying. I could give examples like this for days. Bear with me, there's a reason why I point these things out.

Do you see the extremes of living in fear? Those are just different branches of the same tree. This is why some pro firearm people catch so much flak and not just from those who think guns are bad. (Suprise, many of us do not and many of us own firearms, as well.) It just doesn't make reasonable sense. It's the illogical and extreme thinking and actions by some gun carriers that causes this rift.

I know, I know, TLDR. :) I'm almost done. I'm not saying what's right and what's wrong. Some find certain things are worth more risk than others. I apparently believe it's worth the risk to go out without a firearm. Who am I to put a limit on your personal beliefs? However, when that reason is blinded by fear and your beliefs are so strong as to blind you to the fact, then you've gone too far.

It's about more than guns, it's about extremist and uncompromising beliefs. Something that affects far too many facets of our culture.

Just my .02.

• Upvote 1

I think Farkas means more about living in fear than trusting everyone you pass that day. The reasoning of some people on here, it seems, is that they need to have a firearm within reach every moment of everyday; there is no other option for them. Their reasoning is that you never know when something may go down. I can understand that. However, what are the chances that you'll find yourself in that exact situation? I bet it's less that the possibility of getting in an accident and seriously injuring or killing yourself or being seriously injured or killed by another in an accident.

Before anyone answers, I mean that perfect storm of an incident that directly involves you and the use of a firearm where you'll find yourself able to protect yourself with well placed shots; no panic, not injuring a bystander, making things worse or injuring yourself. Of all the incidents in the world in one day, how often does that really happen? I know, even if it's one in a billion, you want to be ready, right? Well...

With this reasoning, why aren't you doing other things to stave off possible death? Do those who think as I've said above sit down and bathe as opposed to standing in a shower? Wouldn't want to risk slipping. How about boarding your windows up for obvious reasons? Another thing I question is why is it many of you are into extreme motorsports? I thought you were super concerned with you and your family's well-being? I mean, you want to carry a gun that makes others uncomfortable in public; into private establishments; others' opinions be damned. And when you cannot, you attack those without your beliefs? Why stop there? Perhaps, you should start wearing latex gloves and a mask everytime you're in public, too. Better have your family wear them, as well. Just to be safe. Lotta of diseases out there and they only seem to be increasing. No more walking thru the woods. Don't wanna get bit by a tick and spider. Hell, what if one of you is allergic? Do you see what I'm saying. I could give examples like this for days. Bear with me, there's a reason why I point these things out.

Do you see the extremes of living in fear? Those are just different branches of the same tree. This is why some pro firearm people catch so much flak and not just from those who think guns are bad. (Suprise, many of us do not and many of us own firearms, as well.) It just doesn't make reasonable sense. It's the illogical and extreme thinking and actions by some gun carriers that causes this rift.

I know, I know, TLDR. :) I'm almost done. I'm not saying what's right and what's wrong. Some find certain things are worth more risk than others. I apparently believe it's worth the risk to go out without a firearm. Who am I to put a limit on your personal beliefs? However, when that reason is blinded by fear and your beliefs are so strong as to blind you to the fact, then you've gone too far.

It's about more than guns, it's about extremist and uncompromising beliefs. Something that affects far too many facets of our culture.

Just my .02.

Living in fear is different than being ready if something happens. There are a lot of people that view things this way now, mostly due to how fucked our culture and country have become.

There are a lot of people now who have their CC now, and they are not all fear filled, right wing, nut jobs. These are people who feel that being ready IF something happens is better than not.

I choose to be ready just in case that 1 out of a billion happens. I could give a shit what other people do, just don't expect me to help your ass when you are not ready.

I choose to be ready just in case that 1 out of a billion happens.

This. Just like taking supplies with you on a hike or hunt. You don't plan on being lost in the wilderness, but wouldn't it be better to have it and not need it?

This. Just like taking supplies with you on a hike or hunt. You don't plan on being lost in the wilderness, but wouldn't it be better to have it and not need it?

Uhh, I only need a gun and six bullets on any particular hike. One bullet to drop the polar bear and five others to make a counterweight in my pocket when free climbing.

Living in fear is different than being ready if something happens. There are a lot of people that view things this way now, mostly due to how fucked our culture and country have become.

There are a lot of people now who have their CC now, and they are not all fear filled, right wing, nut jobs. These are people who feel that being ready IF something happens is better than not.

I choose to be ready just in case that 1 out of a billion happens. I could give a shit what other people do, just don't expect me to help your ass when you are not ready.

That's close to what I'm saying. Some people have a hard time deciphering the line between illogical fear and preparation. I'm not saying you're either one. To be honest, I do my best to never attach anyone's personal beliefs to their online personas here. This way, it helps me to answer people honestly and on topic.

Anyway, it does go both ways. Some people are the grasshopper and some are the ant. As I stated above, it's about extremist and uncompromising beliefs, whether those are fed by fear, misinformation or whatever.

That's close to what I'm saying. Some people have a hard time deciphering the line between illogical fear and preparation. I'm not saying you're either one. To be honest, I do my best to never attach anyone's personal beliefs to their online personas here. This way, it helps me to answer people honestly and on topic.

Anyway, it does go both ways. Some people are the grasshopper and some are the ant. As I stated above, it's about extremist and uncompromising beliefs, whether those are fed by fear, misinformation or whatever.

I don't care what people say about me, or assume they know my beliefs, so you are fine :)

If people don't think they need a gun, that is their belief and at least they stand for something.