Upholstery Shops?

SRTurbo04

Ok my wave runner seat is torn in a few places and has spead so I need it re skinned or what ever, does any one know of any good shops that specialize in marine applications that can get this done with out bending me over the table?

here is the damage and size of the skin that needs redone

556633_10151858309675599_41301347_n.jpg

Usually they're stapled/riveted in place. It might have an underside seal plate as well. I would imagine its very similar to a motorcycle seat. Theres all kinds of videos on YouTube for how to re-cover them. You can buy a bulk strip of vynle at joann fabrics. Just make sure you warm up the vynle in the dryer to make it plyable get some spray on glue, staple gun (if that's how its attached) small tachammer, something to scuff the foam with (scotch brite pad works well) and a blow dryer. Pull the old cover off. Scuff the foam, apply glue to foam, staple new vynle down and start heating and stretching it until it forms around the curves of the foam (You might have to pull some staples and re stretch areas to achieve this) tap the staples with the tachammer to insure they're seated properly. I use 6mm (short) staples always turns out well for me (motorcycle seats though) usually only costs about 20-30 bucks to get a decent looking seat back on it. Edited by Red Beard
adding info