April 14th Car Show, Bethel Rd.

99StockGT

Detailing until midnight ? I call that dedication ! I usually make sure the car is presentable (transparent material is smudge free, interior is dustless & free of clutter, no brake dust on wheels, clean & shiny exhaust tips, treated tire sidewalls, no mud/dirt anywhere including tire thread, etc.) and let the car do the showing, but the car doesn't go in front of a panel of NCRS judges or the likes.

I'll see if I could stop by & even park/show my car; my schedule is packed because my wife & I are on a car hunt (entering 3rd week) & there are 4 potentials (one is in Cincinnati) for today.

Just wanted to say thank you for all who came out, ended up with a pretty great mix of cars and met some awesome friendly people. For our first show in the "series?" I think it went pretty well, hopefully some of the swag goes to good use too! Photos to be posted soon.

Austin, thanks for putting this together. It was great to meet you and everything seemed to go smoothly. Loved your lemans.

QFT

It was clear that you and your staff put some hard work into this to make it go well. :thumbup:

Hanging out with CR friends (I believe about a dozen attended), checking out the cars, and enjoying the spring weather ....... does it get much better? :)

Congrats to Dharris89 (best interior, new school), Antwan (most intimidating engine bay), and Ramsey (most promising project) for winning. CR members took three of the five awards against tough competition. Way to represent!

Edited by Doc

wish i would have seen this yesterday , dam

Have you checked the Calendar feature lately? Nick and Mitch are doing a great job of keeping it accurate. If you make a habit of checking it for 15 seconds every week, you shouldn't ever miss a car event in the area again.

Definitely had some solid CR representation at the show today, really appreciate you guys coming out. Any feedback positive or negative is always appreciated as it will help me fine tune things for the future. Was great meeting with those I had the chance to speak with both at C&C on Saturday and the show today.

We were certainly blessed with the weather today, those "No rain" dances paid off for sure. Hope you all didn't mind me cutting you loose a little early just didn't want the show to drag on too long and felt like things were sputtering a bit.

The LeMans has a little that needs done to it next week while I'm out of the country but once I'm back it should be ready for spring/summer duty :) I have photos I'm downloading now and will post up this evening.

Definitely had some solid CR representation at the show today, really appreciate you guys coming out. Any feedback positive or negative is always appreciated as it will help me fine tune things for the future. Was great meeting with those I had the chance to speak with both at C&C on Saturday and the show today.

We were certainly blessed with the weather today, those "No rain" dances paid off for sure. Hope you all didn't mind me cutting you loose a little early just didn't want the show to drag on too long and felt like things were sputtering a bit.

The LeMans has a little that needs done to it next week while I'm out of the country but once I'm back it should be ready for spring/summer duty :) I have photos I'm downloading now and will post up this evening.

Fire your dj.... or not have one at all :lol: the dj kept changing sons every 30 seconds and was all over the place with the type of music.. no flow.

Personally I vote no dj as it gets too loud(wow I sound old) when you are trying to talk to people

Other than that, it was awesome event.

Well hopefully the family stuff was positive stuff, I think largely we all had a good time as well. The DJ situation was a tad annoying, all kinds of mix ups on what they were to bring/we were to provide as well as music selection...but lets be honest here who DOESN'T like some Adele at 1030 in the morning during a carshow? /facepalm

I turned everyone loose around 2 felt like the show was getting a little long in the tooth and people were getting twitchy. Think we ended up with a grand total of 34 cars for the day so not too bad a showing. There were a few cars that rolled in between 230-3 which I would have love to have gotten involved, unfortunately maybe next time!

No rain, no cops, no crashes = Successful car show?

Definitely a learning experience. Hopefully everyone got a hat! Lol

As I said any feedback is definitely welcome, we are most likely going to do a summer show as well just want to make sure it doesn't conflict with other events already scheduled. The more we can show that there's a community support behind this kind of thing the more I can get the powers that be to loosen the purse strings and our vendors to kick things in. Really appreciate all of you who came out or passed the word, it shows the quality of people we have here that most of you not even knowing me you came out to support the show and the cause.

It IS nice to let my brain cool down and focus on one less thing for a little while though!

Thanks for coming out, was awesome to see that thing in person for the first time. Just so you know, I didn't do any of the judging myself! Hopefully we all spent a lil money at Skyline, got to keep the food sponsors happy so we can do it again in the summer or fall :) For the small budget I had to work with for a first example show it went pretty well I think. Definitely some things I would change, but that's what the second show is for!

Wish I had more parking at my new store, think we could do an amazing one up here in Powell! Don't want to have people parking all around the building with the crowd all split up :( Must...find...a...way!

I DO wish that the weather would have gotten warmer and I had some more time to shoot, could have gotten some awesome pictures.