Galaxy Note Bitches

Jackson1647545504

‘PHABLETS’ CALLED A ‘FAD’ THAT WILL EVENTUALLY SUCCUMB TO IPHONE-SIZED DEVICES

http://bgr.com/2013/04/01/iphone-data-usage-phablets-408881/

If you think that having a large smartphone screen makes you more likely to consume more data, think again. According to a report from Flurry Analytics, smartphones around the size of Apple’s (AAPL) iPhone experience the most regular usage among users. Devices with screen sizes between 3.5-inches and 4.9-inches were found to account for 69% of data usage, compared to smaller smartphones such as BlackBerrys (BBRY) at 16% and larger screen handsets, commonly referred to as “phablets,” at 2% of usage. When the data was broken down further, it was discovered that phablets only account for 7% of data on all Android devices, compared to 70% from normal sized devices. The research firm suggests that larger-screened phones are a fad

tl;dr - I'm bored and making a post in the kitchen

analytics from one site I run...

analytics.png

implying those people with tablet sized phones werent using wifi.

implying those people with iphones even know how to connect to wifi.

Ill see myself out.

sites can still tell what device/os you are using.

aren't you in the IT field? :dumb:

sites can still tell what device/os you are using.

aren't you in the IT field? :dumb:

What does that have to do with data usage from your provider? Yes, some can determine what OS you are using, but they cannot tell how you are connected. The information presented was on overall data usage.

And you wanna talk about fads? LOL Apple.

Edited by jeffro

What does that have to do with data usage from your provider? Yes, some can determine what OS you are using, but they cannot tell how you are connected. The information presented was on overall data usage.

I agree with the point you are trying to make...although it is possible to narrow down to mobile devices and see who their service provider is in Analytics. You'll see a mix of cellphone provides, but you'll also see road runner and comcast cable in there, aka if they're on mobile or wifi.