Bioshock Infinite

Mowgli1647545497

My buddy said despite the short gameplay that it was the best ending to any game ever.

I'll wait til its on sale and find out for myself. I loved Bioshock1 and recently tried to play 2, but quit when I was nearly bored to tears by it.

as was i it felt very slow paced

fantastic game. intelligent and very well done ending. but I can't go into why I didn't like the ending without giving alot away in spoilers. The entire game is extremely well made, extremely engrossing and fun, and does not insult your intelligence - which is rare in media these days.

Sure there are some plot tropes in it, but overall it was a great game, highly recommend.

I just picked up the first Bioshock to play it to see if I would want to get the third... I dont know if the game starts off slow (origional Bioshock), I can not get into it... put Skyrim in and downloaded Dragonborn and have been playing that.

BTW - Bioshock Infinite has nothing to do with Bioshock 1 & 2. Except the title. different timeframe different "universe". Sort of like the Final Fantasy series. They don't relate except in the title.

So you don't have to know anything about or ever have played 1 or 2.

I just picked up the first Bioshock to play it to see if I would want to get the third... I dont know if the game starts off slow (origional Bioshock), I can not get into it... put Skyrim in and downloaded Dragonborn and have been playing that.

The beginning of Bioshock is a bit of a grind, but the story is very captivating, the scenery (for an underwater setting) is absolutely astounding, and when played in a dark room with proper lighting settings and a good sound system...well lets just say you should wear some brown trousers while you play.

I am several hours into Bioshock 2 and I'm bored out of my mind by the almost copy/paste setting/story from the 1st.

Based on the OP loving the game despite the ending, I think I'm gonna get Infinite.

none of that 50's-type stuff interested me in the least. I ran out of ammo at some point in the first bioshock and stopped playing. I think I was going for an achievement to kill all the big daddies in my first go-round when that happened.. oh well.

none of that 50's-type stuff interested me in the least. I ran out of ammo at some point in the first bioshock and stopped playing. I think I was going for an achievement to kill all the big daddies in my first go-round when that happened.. oh well.

I never ran out. I did buy ammo and hack the flying security robots to protect me. You must suck at shooting ;)

Game have any replay value? I have a hard time spending $60 on something that will sit on a shelf after I beat it.

This is what i'm wanting to know as well. How is the gameplay in this? Another FPS? I played the first bioshock ages ago and remember you got special powers n such.

I can only see doing replay to catch the bits you didn't catch up on the first go round.

After the big "shocker" of the finale the whole game will seem different. But it will be the same game over again because you're sort of on rails. Its GTA in that you're free to explore areas and go back, but there's no point.

For me at least it was about the story and characters. The combat just was something I did to move the story along. So for me there's no reason to replay it. Plus, I hate knowing what happens in the end.

infinite is too plot heavy, so atmosphere-laden, dialog and story dependent, that taking it into deathmatch would be just a waste.

it is a great game, don't get me wrong. just dont go into it expecting any hot pixel on pixel seckzy time payoff at the end. they blow any chance of that shit clean out of the water.

(i just typed that didnt i? sorry)