Godzilla LOL

Farkas

http://www.automoblog.net/2013/03/31/the-mkv-supra-is-finally-here/

It’s time to bring some old school to the new school, and welcome the 3JZ engine. This will be a 3.5 L inline 6 twin turbocharged monster underneath the hood, with an estimated 560 hp in the base model. To get around the emissions laws it will have a system similar to the Prius but this option can be turned off. Essentially it’s an electric motor that can kick in at highway cruising speeds that will increase mpg along with an active aerodynamics system.

While the exact specs are still a bit fuzzy, we are hearing that it will have an active AWD system as well that will send the masses of hairy chested brutal power to the rear tires, while the front tires will have a small amount of power distributed to them as needed to pull those few extra g’s Toyota needs to outshine the GT-R.

http://www.automoblog.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/2014_supra_03-623x331.jpg

electric motor lol.

Whats the MSRP on that? says 50-60k.... how about "lol" at that... I bet they aren't a dime under 70K

PS... ugly... until proven otherwise.

What does a GT-R go for? I imagine it will be cheaper. And of course it's ugly.. it's a concept still.

I could care less how it looks for the most part, but would like to see less of a hot wheels look. I just want to see how fast the sombitch is :fuckyeah:

Now, how close is the 3JZ to the 2JZ? I know the 2JZ is really an impressive motor, but what can the 3JZ do that the 2JZ does not?

I could care less how it looks for the most part, but would like to see less of a hot wheels look. I just want to see how fast the sombitch is :fuckyeah:

Now, how close is the 3JZ to the 2JZ? I know the 2JZ is really an impressive motor, but what can the 3JZ do that the 2JZ does not?

It can be fitted to a new car?

If the FA20 in the FRS is any indication of how the 3JZ will handle power, then 4 digit hp figures should be possible.

Interested to see how this turns out; with the massive following the MK3 and MK4 have the prices will probably inflate a bit, regardless on launch. AWD is definitely interesting for a Supra, glad it's mainly RWD though still

Engine technology has progressed quite a bit since 1992. I would expect direct injection and cam phasing at least, with possibilities for variable timing and lift and variable geometry turbo's. The MPG concerns will be greater with this than the 2JZ, but it's pushing more HP and has higher displacement.

Time will tell

Engine technology has progressed quite a bit since 1992. I would expect direct injection and cam phasing at least, with possibilities for variable timing and lift and variable geometry turbo's. The MPG concerns will be greater with this than the 2JZ, but it's pushing more HP and has higher displacement.

I think I agree with you on this. It seems pretty promising. I have no doubt in my mind VVTi will be utilized and I think the concern for MPGs is probably a good thing... it can only lead to a really efficient head design, and we all know this leads to good numbers on paper as long as the bottom end holds up.

This is pretty neat. I hope the hybrid synergy drive equipment is easily delete-able too, but if memory serves me the Prius equipment is pretty integral to the engine/trans right? It would make a lot more sense if they could use individual wheel motors on this, or something more remote from the gas engine itself.

In reality the hybrid stuff is probably going to be viewed about like the skip-shift shifters that everyone deletes from their Vettes and GT-500s. It's only on the car to avoid the gas guzzler tax, and is quickly removed by the buyer at home.

This is pretty neat. I hope the hybrid synergy drive equipment is easily delete-able too, but if memory serves me the Prius equipment is pretty integral to the engine/trans right? It would make a lot more sense if they could use individual wheel motors on this, or something more remote from the gas engine itself.

In reality the hybrid stuff is probably going to be viewed about like the skip-shift shifters that everyone deletes from their Vettes and GT-500s. It's only on the car to avoid the gas guzzler tax, and is quickly removed by the buyer at home.

It may not be easily delete-able, but it doesn't mean you can't work with or around it. The hybrid drive has no traditional starter, so the electric assist motor cranks the engine on start up, but can also act as a generator. It can drive the wheels directly, or it can provide an assist. Once someone hacks the ECU you'll be able to do what you want.

I think this relates well to the "golden age of modding" thread. The tune market will never disappear, but the tools and education of tunes will change.

I think this relates well to the "golden age of modding" thread. The tune market will never disappear, but the tools and education of tunes will change.

Thanks for the tie in, I was thinking the same thing :) Maybe someone over across the pond is on the same wave length as I am. Very excited to see if this thing truely comes to pass. Could this be the first shot fired in a new Golden Age v2? Honda? Nissan? Return fire!

... Once someone hacks the ECU you'll be able to do what you want.

for what?

...To get around the emissions laws it will have a system similar to the Prius but this option can be turned off. Essentially it’s an electric motor that can kick in at highway cruising speeds that will increase mpg along with an active aerodynamics system.

What does a GT-R go for? I imagine it will be cheaper. And of course it's ugly.. it's a concept still.

$93-95k for premium, $100k for black edition.

we'll see if the car even gets made. i'm guessing the article is false, or the price will be WAY over $60k. anyone honestly think toyota can build a car with 560hp, and an equal transmission/computer/awd system as the GTR for $60k?? srsly??

nissan is planning a huge redo of the '15GTR. i hope the supra is a reality and beats the GTR, personally. then i can justify getting one. imagine a factory 10 second car, getting one-upped, for $60k?? i don't see it, but who knows.