Anyone else crazy excited for Rush?

BrendanB

That said who wants to go see the new F&F movie ? lol

I am more excited about the new F&F movie that this. But not really excited about the New F&F movie. Probably go see it just because it's F&F and I have seen everyone one of them on opening nights. lol

But I'm really excited about Ironman 3, Star Trek into darkness, and World War Z.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skip this and Rent "Senna". You are welcome.

....You are welcome for what? Yes, Senna is an awesome movie and I've seen it a few times, but it's been out for 3 years now....this movie could be equally as good or better, why skip it all together? Have you seen it already?.....not sure why everyone is being critics before they even view this flick? :shrug:

....You are welcome for what? Yes, Senna is an awesome movie and I've seen it a few times, but it's been out for 3 years now....this movie could be equally as good or better, why skip it all together? Have you seen it already?.....not sure why everyone is being critics before they even view this flick? :shrug:

Because this is columbusiknoweverythingbutstuffaboutracing.com

He mad...

Pretty sure they already made this movie, it was called Driven and it had some stuttering geriatric Italian guy in it.

For those that have no fucking clue that this is based on a true story...

The 1975 F1 season started slowly for Lauda, but after nothing better than a fifth-place finish in the first four races he then won four out of the next five races in the new Ferrari 312T. His first World Championship was confirmed with a fifth win at the last race of the year, the United States GP. He also became the first and only driver to lap the Nürburgring Nordschleife in under 7 minutes, which was considered a huge feat as the Nordschleife section of the Nürburgring was 2 miles longer than it is today. Never one to be awed by the trappings of success, Lauda famously gave away any trophies he won to his local garage in exchange for his car to be washed and serviced.[4]

Unlike 1975 and despite tensions between Lauda and Di Montezemolos successor, Daniele Audetto, Lauda dominated the start of the 1976 F1 season, winning four of the first six races and finishing second in the other two. By the time of his fifth win of the year at the British GP, he had more than double the points of his closest challengers Jody Scheckter and James Hunt, and a second consecutive World Championship appeared a formality. It would be a feat not achieved since Jack Brabham's victories in 1959 and 1960. He also looked set to win the most races in a season, a record held by the late Jim Clark since 1963.

Niki Lauda practicing at the Nürburgring during the 1976 German Grand Prix

A week before the 1976 German Grand Prix at the Nürburgring, (even though he was the fastest driver on that circuit at the time) Lauda tried to boycott the race, largely due to the 23 kilometer circuit's safety arrangements. Most of the other drivers voted against it and the race went ahead. On the second lap at the very fast left kink before Bergwerk, Lauda's Ferrari swerved off the track, due to a suspected rear suspension failure, hit an embankment and rolled back into the path of Brett Lunger's Surtees-Ford car. Lauda's Ferrari burst into flames, but, unlike Lunger, he was trapped in the wreckage. Drivers Arturo Merzario, Lunger, Guy Edwards and Harald Ertl arrived at the scene a few moments later, but before they were able to pull Lauda from his car, he suffered severe burns to his head and inhaled hot toxic gases that damaged his lungs and blood. As Lauda was wearing a modified helmet, the foam had compressed and it had slid off his head after the accident, leaving his face exposed to the fire.[5] Although Lauda was conscious and able to stand immediately after the accident, he later lapsed into a coma.[6]

Lauda suffered extensive scarring from the burns to his head, losing most of his right ear as well as the hair on the right side of his head, his eyebrows and his eyelids. He chose to limit reconstructive surgery to replacing the eyelids and getting them to work properly. Since the accident he has always worn a cap to cover the scars on his head. He has arranged for sponsors to use the cap for advertising.

With Lauda out of the contest, Ferrari boycotted the Austrian GP in protest at what they saw as preferential treatment shown towards McLaren driver James Hunt at the Spanish and British GPs. Carlos Reutemann was even taken on as a potential replacement.

Lauda returned to race only six weeks (two races) later, appearing at the Monza press conference with his fresh burns still bandaged. He finished a heroic fourth in the Italian GP, despite being, by his own admission, absolutely petrified. F1 journalist Nigel Roebuck recalls seeing Lauda in the pits, peeling the blood-soaked bandages off his scarred scalp. He also had to wear a specially-adapted AGV crash helmet so as to not be in too much discomfort. In Lauda's absence, Hunt had reduced his lead in the World Championship standings. Following wins in the Canadian and United States GPs, Hunt stood only three points behind Lauda before the final race of the season, the Japanese GP.

Lauda qualified third, one place behind Hunt, but on race day there was torrential rain and Lauda retired after two laps, stating that he felt it was unsafe to continue under these conditions, especially since his eyes were watering excessively because of his fire-damaged tear ducts. Hunt led much of the race before a late puncture dropped him down the order. He recovered to 3rd, thus winning the title by a single point. In spite of this, Lauda's move is seen as one of the bravest examples in motor racing, especially since it lost the title for Ferrari of all teams.

Lauda's previously good relationship with Ferrari was severely affected by his decision to withdraw from the race, and he endured a difficult 1977 season, despite easily winning the championship through consistency rather than outright pace. Lauda disliked his new teammate, Carlos Reutemann, who had already served as his replacement driver while he had been out of contest. Lauda was not comfortable with this move and felt he had been let down by Ferrari. “We never could stand each other, and instead of taking pressure off me, they put on even more by bringing Carlos Reutemann into the team.”[7] Having announced his decision to quit Ferrari at season's end, Lauda left early due to the team's decision to run the then unknown Gilles Villeneuve in a third car at the Canadian Grand Prix.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_x1w9f3kXWq8/TITz30kjqPI/AAAAAAAABhI/R2sEp4Juh0M/s1600/Lauda+crash.jpg

http://mpomy.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/20110623forma1nik2.jpg

http://www.gudangmoge.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/wpid-La-pelicula-Rush-narrara-la-vida-de-niki-lauda.jpg

http://www.yallaf1.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Niki-Lauda-Nurburgring-1976.jpg

TIL CR knows absolutely nothing about racing if it involves turning. This movie is going to be awesome and is completely different than Senna, which is a masterpiece but not a "F1 never needs another story told" masterpiece. I still want a documentary or biopic for Juan Manuel Fangio.

CR will only care about racing movies when Larry the Cable Guy produces, directs, and stars in a John Force film.

For those that have no fucking clue that this is based on a true story...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_x1w9f3kXWq8/TITz30kjqPI/AAAAAAAABhI/R2sEp4Juh0M/s1600/Lauda+crash.jpg

http://mpomy.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/20110623forma1nik2.jpg

http://www.gudangmoge.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/wpid-La-pelicula-Rush-narrara-la-vida-de-niki-lauda.jpg

http://www.yallaf1.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Niki-Lauda-Nurburgring-1976.jpg

TIL CR knows absolutely nothing about racing if it involves turning. This movie is going to be awesome and is completely different than Senna, which is a masterpiece but not a "F1 never needs another story told" masterpiece. I still want a documentary or biopic for Juan Manuel Fangio.

CR will only care about racing movies when Larry the Cable Guy produces, directs, and stars in a John Force film.

Thank you! There ARE people with an open mind and a passion for all motorsports on this board! :lolguy:

Mallard, I also linked a youtube clip on the first page with Lauda's crash....

No, they will find a way to not like that film to, mostly because it has something to do with cars and or racing of some type.

If you like "real" racing movies check out From Dust To Glory, great movie about the Baja 1000.

This Rush movie looks to be along the same lines of Snake and Mongoose, and I can't wait for that movie too. Anything to do with old school racing of any type really fascinates me. Those guys could do it all (wrench, drive, tune) and they did not have any of the modern driving AIDS that most cars had. If you sucked as a drive the car did not make you better in anyway, it exposed you.

No, they will find a way to not like that film to, mostly because it has something to do with cars and or racing of some type.

If you like "real" racing movies check out From Dust To Glory, great movie about the Baja 1000.

This Rush movie looks to be along the same lines of Snake and Mongoose, and I can't wait for that movie too. Anything to do with old school racing of any type really fascinates me. Those guys could do it all (wrench, drive, tune) and they did not have any of the modern driving AIDS that most cars had. If you sucked as a drive the car did not make you better in anyway, it exposed you.

Dust to Glory is fantastic. There is no purer form of racing than those endurance races. I've always thought of road racing as engaging in a landscape, rally racing as battling a landscape, and Baja/Dakar as conquering Mother Earth herself. Anything else is just tinkering with physics (aka top speed runs, drag racing, etc).

Dust to Glory is fantastic. There is no purer form of racing than those endurance races. I've always thought of road racing as engaging in a landscape, rally racing as battling a landscape, and Baja/Dakar as conquering Mother Earth herself. Anything else is just tinkering with physics (aka top speed runs, drag racing, etc).

I agree, but my drag racing background does not when it comes to tinkering with physics.

If it were that easy any joker could get a drag radial car down the track without putting the car on the bumper, blowing the tires off, or doing duribility testing on roll cages.

I don't look down my nose at any form of racing, because none of it is easy. You are fighting man, machine, and the conditions around you to win or beat a time.

One of the coolest things to see is a good dirt track team trying to sort a car out. Watching them take a car that pushes like a dump truck, and make it work anywhere on the track is amazing.

I agree, but my drag racing background does not when it comes to tinkering with physics.

If it were that easy any joker could get a drag radial car down the track without putting the car on the bumper, blowing the tires off, or doing duribility testing on roll cages.

I don't look down my nose at any form of racing, because none of it is easy. You are fighting man, machine, and the conditions around you to win or beat a time.

One of the coolest things to see is a good dirt track team trying to sort a car out. Watching them take a car that pushes like a dump truck, and make it work anywhere on the track is amazing.

I know it sounds like it, but I don't hate on drag racing. It is by far the most difficult form of racing to compete in, because everyone is using the exact same formula and making the absolute slightest changes to achieve that .001 second gap needed to beat their opponent. In F1, .001 can change a race result but teams have 50+ laps and a hundred miles to lose or gain that millisecond. In drag racing, you have 1320 feet and a handful of seconds and that .001 is such a dramatically larger percentage of the whole race.

In F1, .001 can change a race result but teams have 50+ laps and a hundred miles to lose or gain that millisecond.

That is one of the things I love about road or oval racing, the chess match on adjustments. You can have all the money in the world and the best equipment, but that does not help you make a car go faster.

It applies to drag racing too, people throw qubic dollars at something, yet wonder why the car just blows the tires off at the hit each time.

In all reality I'm not wasting time on this move because I have never really liked a Ron Howard film.

Films I have seen by him:

Da Vinci Code, bad (didn't bother to watch Angels an Demons)

Apollo 13

Backdraft

Ransom

Cowboys and Aliens

All meh....

Fuck Richie as a director. That's my opinion. And all it is. Just because this film is based on a real story doesn't automatically make it a good movie.

I'm a Tarantino fan. Maybe that says a lot about my taste, most love his shit or hate it.

I have enjoyed Steve McQueen in Lemans, and Bullitt.

Also liked Vanishing Point

Continue hate on because I will not waste time on another Ron Howard film, if that fucker got Star Wars and not JJ Abrams, I wouldn't waste the time either.

In all reality I'm not wasting time on this move because I have never really liked a Ron Howard film.

Films I have seen by him:

Da Vinci Code, bad (didn't bother to watch Angels an Demons)

Apollo 13

Backdraft

Ransom

Cowboys and Aliens

All meh....

Fuck Richie as a director. That's my opinion. And all it is. Just because this film is based on a real story doesn't automatically make it a good movie.

I'm a Tarantino fan. Maybe that says a lot about my taste, most love his shit or hate it.

I have enjoyed Steve McQueen in Lemans, and Bullitt.

Also liked Vanishing Point

Continue hate on because I will not waste time on another Ron Howard film, if that fucker got Star Wars and not JJ Abrams, I wouldn't waste the time either.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion, and mine is that you're doing yourself a disservice by not seeing Frost/Nixon.