Need suggestion on Tires for FX4 F150

RC K9

Looking for suggestions from fellow truck owners/tire guys. I will be looking into getting new tires for the truck sometime in the near future. The size on there now is is 275/65 R18.

I don't do a lot of off-roading, if any, and obviously I live in TX so snow/ice is minimal. Would like some decent traction when it rains though as when it does rain here, it really rains. I put about 20,000mi a year on the truck so something with longer lasting tread would be nice.

Suggestions?

on a more serious note. driving that kind of mileage I would put one of two options on it.. the michelin ltx m/s2(228 on tire rack) 70,000 mile tread life and will go much longer if you keep them rotated/balanced/aligned.. theyve got a 70 mail in rebate through 4/14

or

the bridgestone dueler hl alenza(208 on tire rack)- 65,000 mile tire.. come o.e on chevy/gmc 20 and 22" fitments.. and will go much longer if you keep them rotated/balanced/aligned

70 mail in rebate through 4/30

Edited by TurboRust

Bridgestone dueler revo's. I've had great luck with them.

yeah but they're done around 50k and are great for an a/t tire, but with 20k miles a year and tires that are going to cost 800-900 for a set... 2.5 yrs isnt much treadlife.... btw how you like those proxes 4s?

• 4 months later...

Went with the LTX MS/2's for the truck. Got them installed today.

On a side note, I also got a set of BFG Sport Comp 2's for the DSM today.

Will be interesting to see how both of these tires perform/hold up.

both good decisions ryan.. i had the non comp2's on the mach 1 ( same tread design different compound) they handled fine,, everything sucked for traction on that even drag radials, but they were fine once warm for highway rolls

Its amazing what a different truck the F150 feels like with just new tires and an alignment.

I just got the DSM back together so I don't have much drive time, but with these tries, koni/ground control suspension, and upgraded brakes, this thing is a blast to drive.