2004 Mazda RX-8 $6,500 OBO

ObliqueFD

2004 Mazda RX-8

Brilliant Black exterior with black cloth interior

6 Speed Manual Transmission

~91,300 miles

$6,500 OBO

Selling because I am moving to Memphis for a job. I will be back and forth between Ohio and Tennessee the next couple of months, so I may not be able to immediately show it, but I will try my best to work something out. My daily is now a Mazda 3 so the mileage on the RX-8 shouldn't change much.

Pictures coming soon!

The Good: (Reliability Mods/Upgrades)

• Front brakes recently replaced with new rotors and pads.
  • Optima Red Top battery.
  • Updated Mazda starter that enables quicker/more reliable start-ups.
  • BHR Ignition System (basically LS1 coils) LINK
  • Mishimoto aluminum radiator.
  • 12" Inifinity Reference Sub in a custom enclosure with JL amp.
  • New driver's side tail light - old one had a bad gasket and allowed moisture inside, damaging it.
  • Side and rear windows were tinted about 3 years ago at 35%

The Bad:

• I purchased it from a salvage auction in 2009 from North Carolina. It had been declared a total loss, however it was never issued a salvage title. I have a clear Ohio title without any branding. It had been damaged in the front and needed a new hood and bumper. Most of the receipts of the repairs are available for reference.

• The transmission is so-so. 1st through 3rd can be a little stubborn sometimes in cold weather.

• The passenger airbag cover is cracked. It is a fairly common problem among RX-8s. I believe a replacement cover from Mazda is under $200. This crack is not from the airbag deploying, and to my knowledge none of the airbags have ever been deployed.

• Driver's side front tire will need to be replaced soon.

• There are 2 splash guards that are missing. These are on the left and right side of the front bumper in front of the wheels. The main wheel well fender liners are in place, but these splash guards would be needed for a completed look. I just never got around to getting them.

Serious questions.

1) If it was damaged enough in the front for another state to declare it salvage, how are you sure that the airbags never deployed? Does it throw an airbag code, or are they even there and/or codes disabled?

2) Why the one tire in the front? Is the car not able to be aligned properly or is there something wrong with the steering/chassis?

1) I really can't be 100% sure the airbags never deployed, however I have no airbag codes and the airbags appear to be in place.

2) This past week I had an alignment done and the tech said he got everything within spec and provided an alignment sheet proving so. The driver's front is the only tire that I haven't replaced. There are 2 newer Continental Extreme Contact tires in the rear and the fronts are Kumho Ecsta SPTs. The passenger front was replaced last year to match the driver's side. At the time, the driver's side didn't seem to be worn down very much so I didn't replace it, but it needs to be replaced now. I may replace it in the near future before selling.

I'd be happy to meet with anyone interested to have the alignment and suspension checked either at Tire Discounters with Derek's offer or at any shop of your choice.

she get tired of her bird already? or would this be another addition to the Green parking lot

My Firebird is getting a lot of modifications done. :masturboy: Looking for a fun summer daily as the truck isn't very fun for a lot of short trips every day.