Kiss asses

TimTaylor751647545500

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to visit Mr. Howie today. My curiosity was sparked by everyone on here talking about this "racing legend" who supposedly lives in my back yard. I found out that he lives less than four miles from my house.

First off, Lee Howie is one of the most awesome and humble guys I have ever talked to. We hung out for about three or four hours. In those few hours, I actually learned something from him. Lee is the type of guy you just sit back and listen to because he has pretty much done it all and his stories are great reflections on this. For those who wonder why he wasn't so savvy with his intro post; it's partially because it wasn't him posting (or reading anything)--it was his wife. Neither of them care about intros or e-rep because they have already proven what they can accomplish on a race track. Enough said.

I saw the EVO. To be honest, I can totally rationalize the price on this car. The car has eight thousand original miles on it, and is clean enough to be considered "show room condition". Try finding a bone stock, mint condition, low low mileage 06 EVO IX for $30K. Then, throw in a high quality 800hp build that spared Z E R O expense. For those who know me, you understand that I know a damn good 4G63 build when I see one. This car had the best of the best (Shep, PTE, Tilton, Shearer, etc,.) parts, and the work was done both by Lee and other highly reputable EVO shops. It's one of the top five 4G builds I have ever seen.

Right before I left, he took me for a spirited ride in his 700whp C6Z06. That was...an experience. I have a kidney for sale now if anyone wants it.

Call me a nut swinger all you want, but this guy is the real deal. He reminds me of Kevin Delgarn (as Joe mentioned earlier). I'm actually looking forward to possibly helping him work on something eventually just so I can sponge up as much knowledge as possible. I went into our conversation feeling confident in my vast automotive knowledge that I have gained over the years. My conversation with Mr. Howie made me realize that I didn't know jack shit :megusta:

I went to visit Mr. Howie today. My curiosity was sparked by everyone on here talking about this "racing legend" who supposedly lives in my back yard. I found out that he lives less than four miles from my house.

First off, Lee Howie is one of the most awesome and humble guys I have ever talked to. We hung out for about three or four hours. In those few hours, I actually learned something from him. Lee is the type of guy you just sit back and listen to because he has pretty much done it all and his stories are great reflections on this. For those who wonder why he wasn't so savvy with his intro post; it's partially because it wasn't him posting (or reading anything)--it was his wife. Neither of them care about intros or e-rep because they have already proven what they can accomplish on a race track. Enough said.

I saw the EVO. To be honest, I can totally rationalize the price on this car. The car has eight thousand original miles on it, and is clean enough to be considered "show room condition". Try finding a bone stock, mint condition, low low mileage 06 EVO IX for $30K. Then, throw in a high quality 800hp build that spared Z E R O expense. For those who know me, you understand that I know a damn good 4G63 build when I see one. This car had the best of the best (Shep, PTE, Tilton, Shearer, etc,.) parts, and the work was done both by Lee and other highly reputable EVO shops. It's one of the top five 4G builds I have ever seen.

Right before I left, he took me for a spirited ride in his 700whp C6Z06. That was...an experience. I have a kidney for sale now if anyone wants it.

Call me a nut swinger all you want, but this guy is the real deal. He reminds me of Kevin Delgarn (as Joe mentioned earlier). I'm actually looking forward to possibly helping him work on something eventually just so I can sponge up as much knowledge as possible. I went into our conversation feeling confident in my vast automotive knowledge that I have gained over the years. My conversation with Mr. Howie made me realize that I didn't know jack shit :megusta:

+1, guy knows his shit

You see, none of that matters because its more important to be a trollprick to someone because "thats how its been here". There really is zero rational reason to just put someone on blast as soon a they post and start the neg rep and goad them into an e-battle.

If I had it my way there would be no oven at all.

It's always been cars first, then the OT shit starts after.

That sounds like a parent who is in denial of the truth that their kid does in-fact smoke pot. Much like a business, you cannot force a culture change and have a positive outcome for everyone. Cultures shift, change, and settle based on those involved. You could then become a dictator and rule by fear... But, then people may leave. Even the good ones. Regardless, you shouldn't say what isn't there just because you don't want to look at it.

Columbusracing will BE what it IS. You can only control who is on here and what they post.

Again, this is meant with no form of disrespect. Just a dose of reality as I have experienced myself.

its been years back, maybe 04ish, but is this the guy who had the maroon (?) corvette that ran it into the wall at a friday night street fight at trails?

I think that was Shawn, the guy that bought it from Lee.

You see, none of that matters because its more important to be a trollprick to someone because "thats how its been here". There really is zero rational reason to just put someone on blast as soon a they post and start the neg rep and goad them into an e-battle.

If I had it my way there would be no oven at all.

Yup...

As soon as I saw the name I knew it would be interesting...... Dude is cool as shit and is always willing to BS with anyone willing to listen. I met him twice at the track and he'd talk to anyone and was super nice. Shame the tards here ruin shit every time.

Did you see his RC car collection? His RC cars are faster than most "race cars" here.

Again, some changes are needed.

It really burns me that someone like Lee left as quickly as he came because of the bullshit. It's not just him, it some of the people in the area that really race and can't even be welcomed on a racing site because every swinging dick with their daily driver treats them like shit.

I'm pretty pissed right now. I guess it'll be like cleaning up your Facebook friends list. We'll see where people stand in a week.

Did you see his RC car collection? His RC cars are faster than most "race cars" here.

It was like a Lowes for RC stuff over there. He was going to show me some of the planes in action, but it was too windy. I'll get back over there to see them at some point when it's not windy. Hell, I can walk to his house from here :fuckyeah:

It's a damn shame dipshits run off anyone who could actually bring something useful to this site.

There really is zero rational reason to just put someone on blast as soon a they post and start the neg rep and goad them into an e-battle.

Here's the thing, nothing I said in Mr. Howie's intro thread was overly harsh or flaming. All I posted was the link the to the intro thread sticky. That's it. Yes, I don't know who Lee Howie is, so be it. So I posted the sticky in response to his intro as I would have to anyone else that needed some direction to help them elaborate on their introduction. What I posted was far from anything that would have "ran someone off the site" or been any sort of attack. I apologized yesterday, but some are really blowing this whole issue way out of proportion. If needed, I'll turn in my CR membership card so as to avoid this in the future (since I'm the only one that has ever done this before).

there were 3 messages made in the oven thread. two were telling him to provide more info one asking how its ok that he doesn't have to make effort. HARDLY trolling

Exactly.

Here's the thing, nothing I said in Mr. Howie's intro thread was overly harsh or flaming. All I posted was the link the to the intro thread sticky. That's it. Yes, I don't know who Lee Howie is, so be it. So I posted the sticky in response to his intro as I would have to anyone else that needed some direction to help them elaborate on their introduction. What I posted was far from anything that would have "ran someone off the site" or been any sort of attack. I apologized yesterday, but some are really blowing this whole issue way out of proportion. If needed, I'll turn in my CR membership card so as to avoid this in the future (since I'm the only one that has ever done this before).

Exactly.

I'm not specifically stating this to YOU in particular, just overall CR in general. I've tried to spread the word about CR all over the place, and most of the time when I mention it I get the typical "fuck that place and it's assholes" reply in return. Damn shame IMHO. There are some good groups of guys over here as well but sadly, their forum is exactly the same and nobody posts or registers there either. A handful of dickbags sure can ruin it quickly.

Ok, this thread has run it's course.

Obviously some of you don't believe in CR, although those that bitch also seem to lack anything to race. Maybe that's the dividing line.

Those that believe CR has nothing to offer them anymore, PM me and I'll delete your account. Sooner or later this will improve the atmosphere and you'll have nothing to worry about.

Ok, this thread has run it's course.

Obviously some of you don't believe in CR, although those that bitch also seem to lack anything to race. Maybe that's the dividing line.

Those that believe CR has nothing to offer them anymore, PM me and I'll delete your account. Sooner or later this will improve the atmosphere and you'll have nothing to worry about.

Time to take out more of the trash :fuckyeah: