4l60e98 formula automatic transmission

Nicksredline

98 firebird formula 4l60e

well step by step: 1.you put the car in drive 2.let offthe break... car does not move at all forward on its own power( like 1st is not locked in .. giveita littlegasand itwill creap forward likea slipping gear) 3.start to push on the gas( around 3000 rpm ) it will clunk into gear and start to move

Scenario 1: perfectly fine after that but lets say i come to a stop and go into another gear( P R N) and back to drive it will do the whole process above again

Scenario 2: but lets say i come to a stop and keep it in drive it will not slip and drive perfectly normal like nothing is wrong,

What i think the problem is: so it is only the firststart up and going into gear likeit does not giveitenough fluid to lock the converter or put the transmission into gear, ( i thought it was the filter or fluid so i changed it and it stilldoesthe same thing). this happens weather the transmission is is over drive, drive, 2, 1 but reverse is perfectly normal and all other gearsshift likebutter

my above thought it coming from a person who knows jack squat about automatic transmissions so i could be completely off just what i feel like is happening .

If anyone knows about this problem I would appriciate help. I was also told I need a pressure gauge to hook up to the transmission So if you own one or work at a shop that can test the transmission for me to see if you can figure out what is wrong I will pay for that.

When hooked up to HP Tuners when in drive line pressure is 0% but when in reverse it is at 2 %. Once drive locks into gear the line pressure gos to the normal 2% just like reverse but for the originally shift to drove line pressure doesent go over 0%.

Edited by Nicksredline