1979 Plymouth Fire Arrow - SCCA ITB or Solo II FSP

craig71188

1979 Plymouth Fire Arrow - Originally prepped as a rally car, then ITB (by the OLD original IT rules) and could probably be lobbied to get a weight reduction! Last raced by Jim Rauck, former lap record holder at M.O. Needless to say it needs "updated". No electrical master switch, needs door bar(s) added, still has interior stuff that could be removed, still running 13" wheels, outdated belts, original logbooks are gone

That said, it does have a fire system, fuel cell, rev limiter and A/F meter, somewhat newer Toyo R888 tires, quick release steering wheel, wide angle mirror (neds some love & reinstalled), nice old Hooker Super Comp header and is loads of fun as an autocross car. Old tired driver with virtually no prep on car - 2.8 seconds off PAX running in FSP).

Limited spares include: factory manual, front struts, front springs, bare cylinder head, and some misc pads, rotors & hardware.

Run as is or update and go road racing - or how about LeMons or Chump Car? Possible killer drift car with Starion turbo swap? At least you will likely always be the only one with a car like it anywhere you go!

Another opportunity more along my tastes has come up so I am going to move in that direction - $2000 buys the car and limited spares. It is on CL for $2500 or check the OVR-SCCA site for Fun Event & Pts #1 for the car "in action"

CL Link for pictures here:

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/3771822534.html

Edited by craig71188
New Price

This is a cool car. A little work and some spit and polish would go a long, long way.

Craig, would this also be eligible for vintage racing of some sort?

I don't think it would be eligible for vintage RR anywhere.

Maybe vintage rally events???

Being equipped with the 2.6L Mitsu motor stock - it would make a killer Starion motor swap. It only weighs a bit over 2300 lbs with the cage in it - it could easilly shed another 100-200 lbs by removing windows & regulators, energy absorbing bumber stuff and interior bits. Drag or drift anyone? - the diff is already welded up.

New project arrives this weekend - I have removed the passenger seat and belts from the car - new "bottom line" price:

$2000 FIRM

(On CL for $2500)

Edited by craig71188

Mopar or No car!

Chrysler Classic is in 2 weeks, if it's still around by them I'm sure you'll find a buyer. It's definitely a neat car, just a limited market on something like that. I dig it!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

TTT - Old thread posts too old to edit. I still have the Fire Arrow, passenger seat, fire system and rev limiter have been removed.

Price is $2K OBO - yes I am willing to deal, the wife wants is off the patio. If I had space I would keep it and either Chump / LeMons it or maybe return it to rally trim and rallycross. Not a drift guy, but a 2.6L turbo swap would be an easy bolt in and you could have a car at 2,000 lbs with great power to weight....

Current link:

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/3882114963.html

• 2 weeks later...