Audi Q7 TDI

DOZZER

I drove it and loved it. Kinda debating on waiting for the Q5 TDI quattro that they are getting in July. I won't let her get a Ford, Chevy, or Dodge SUV. The quality isn't there.

Not even the new Grand Cherokee Diesel?

The quality isn't there.

Have you ever owned a VAG vehicle? They aren't much better...And when shit does go wrong they are a godamn bastard to fix yourself.

If you're going to get one I'd strongly advise you to sell it the day the Warranty is up.

Have you ever owned a VAG vehicle? They aren't much better...And when shit does go wrong they are a godamn bastard to fix yourself.

If you're going to get one I'd strongly advise you to sell it the day the Warranty is up.

Yes I have. Keep in mind I work on 6.0 and 6.4 Powerstrokes in my shop regularly. They aren't more of a bastard than those. I have worked on quite a few TDI cars for people as well.

Yes I have. Keep in mind I work on 6.0 and 6.4 Powerstrokes in my shop regularly. They aren't more of a bastard than those.

POWERSTROKES, LOL.

From a component/accessory perspective VAG's have just as many issues as the big 3, if not moreso.

I know several people with older TDI's. While the Engine may still run good, a ton of other little shit tends to go wrong, in short order.

Have you owned a VAG vehicle made in the last decade?

If you can read, you can make them easy to work on and go 200k without any trouble.

Great vehicle honestly. 30mpg 5500lb suv.

Comfy and tows like a beast.

I wasn't aware towing 5500 lbs. is towing "like a beast." :lol:

Bingo.

POWERSTROKES, LOL.

Guy I work for has a Powerstroke with 260K on it. Just towed 11K lbs. last week on a 4 hour round trip without prob. Does this regularly. His trailer is an 8 wheeler that weighs 4,500 alone. Thing hauls. No, I'm not a Powerstroke fan per say, but I give credit where it's due. There isn't an Audi on God's green earth that can claim this. Probably never will be.

For a daily or light towing I'd agree with what has been said. Compare apples to apples though. He asked for and SUV for the wife. Obviously he wants it comfortable, safe, reliable, etc. Doesn't need it to "tow like a beast." The Audi, IMO, would at least be 2 of those three. :gabe:

I also agree. The VAGs always have other probs. In my limited experience anyway.

Have you owned a VAG vehicle made in the last decade?

If you can read, you can make them easy to work on and go 200k without any trouble.

I have. They both had multiple different issues before 100K hit. I tend to have bad luck with cars though. I know Mike LaNasa and 401Clay both have/had vehicles similar to mine and they ran/run like champs. YMMV but mine sucked. I won't buy another.

AUDILOL!

Just for you Jones. :gabe:

At least you aren't retarded...

Because OOOOdi makes the best vehicles ever, especially towing beasts, and if you disagree you're obviously mentally deficient. :lol:

Oh Jones, you so funny!

Simmer the panties. I already said IMO it'd make a great DD. You win. You're awesome Audi is the best auto manufacturer ever. I apologize. :p

Because OOOOdi makes the best vehicles ever, especially towing beasts, and if you disagree you're obviously mentally deficient. :lol:

Oh Jones, you so funny!

Simmer the panties. I already said IMO it'd make a great DD. You win. You're awesome Audi is the best auto manufacturer ever. I apologize. :p

Don't forget all TDI's have been flawless engineering marvels since day 1....:lolguy:

Oh Jones, you so funny!

I meant the "5500lb" part.

He gets it, you don't. Its a 5500lb Family SUV that can tow 6600lbs.

It's not a powerstroke, but a powerstroke won't seat 7 comfortably and not suck for daily driving.

He didn't make a thread entitled: "What is your opinion of 10-15 year old volkswagens and Audi's?"

He asked about Q7's, which unless I'm mistaken, you haven't owned, nor would.

Back on topic:

If you get one, be sure you opt for the 4 Zone climate control

It comes with a 2nd AC unit for the rear. Without it, in the summer with the pano roof, it can take quite a while to get everyone comfy. I tinted my pano-roof and it made a huge difference as well.

I meant the "5500lb" part.

He gets it, you don't. Its a 5500lb Family SUV that can tow 6600lbs.

It's not a powerstroke, but a powerstroke won't seat 7 comfortably and not suck for daily driving.

Wrong. You guys don't get it. I know you were saying it's a 5500 lb vehicle, but follow the link to Audi USA I posted. 5500 lbs towing.

Common sense > you. :lolguy:

EDIT: Nice :ninja: edit btw. :)

6600 with a special package. Still not "beast mode" IMO, but it's all potato, tomato. Regardless, I agree with what you said about the Powerstroke being a good daily. That's why I said compare apples to apples. They're not even in the equation. The question was would it be a good vehicle for his wife. I believe it would, but I don't like VAGs. Just my opinion. That's worth less than .02 with deflation and what not. :)

Back on topic:

If you get one, be sure you opt for the 4 Zone climate control

It comes with a 2nd AC unit for the rear. Without it, in the summer with the pano roof, it can take quite a while to get everyone comfy. I tinted my pano-roof and it made a huge difference as well.

Given VAG's history with electronic accessories, the thought of one with 4 zone climate control is downright chilling....(no pun intended)

Given VAG's history with electronic accessories, the though of one with 4 zone climate control is downright chilling....(no pun intended)

Again, given your limited exposure to cars built inside the last decade..

I've seen plenty of D3 chassis cars with 150k+ with 4zone still working like a boss.

And what this has to do with a 2010+ Q7 TDi, is anyone's guess?

p.s. For the Diesel Grand Cherokee:

If you opt for the two-wheel-drive model, you get the 7400-pound maximum towing capacity and 30 mpg on the highway, providing a range of over 730 miles. Choosing 4WD means a choice of three systems--full-time (Quadra-Trac I, essentially AWD), part-time with a two-speed transfer case (Quadra-Trac II), and Quadra-Drive II, which adds an electronic limited-slip differential--and the crawl ratio can be as good as 44:1. The penalties aren't severe, either: fuel economy goes down to 28 mpg on the highway and towing capacity is a mere 200 pounds lower

Read more: http://www.trucktrend.com/roadtests/suv/163_2014_jeep_grand_cherokee_diesel_first_drive/#ixzz2RraUSDPy