Picked up a 95 Shadow 600 VLX

thorne

Pics of my bike

http://www.40roll.com/bike/Bikeside1.jpg

http://www.40roll.com/bike/bikeside2.jpg

http://www.40roll.com/bike/bikeside3.jpg

Not mine but same model. I'm picking it up friday. I got it for a song because my parents are moving and my mom didn't ride it much.

I plan to just cruise it around and enjoy the open road. It's got 5000 miles on it and been well kept.

Edited by Thorne

I had a '97. Great little bike! The thing I hated the most, is all the compliments I got until the guy realized it was not a Harley :(

Mine:

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=342&pictureid=2415

KillJoy

I had a '97. Great little bike! The thing I hated the most, is all the compliments I got until the guy realized it was not a Harley :(

Yep always amazes me that the guys that are most about "being different" are so put off by those who are actually different.

A true bobber has all the bells and whistles removed, leaving a bare bones, functional bike but in most cases, riders just remove the front fender, chop or remove the back fender, remove a mirror, remove any unneccessary plastic, lower it and possibly chop the frame depending on the model of bike you're bobbing. I'll post of pic of my 74 ironhead bobber

What's a bobber?
Edited by yesitsdon
update

A true bobber has all the bells and whistles removed, leaving a bare bones, functional bike but in most cases, riders just remove the front fender, chop or remove the back fender, remove a mirror, remove any unneccessary plastic, lower it and possibly chop the frame depending on the model of bike you're bobbing. I'll post of pic of my 74 ironhead bobber

please do I'm interested in seeing this.

Those pipes are knarly lol good lookin bobber.

Those shadows are dogs but perfect for back road country cruising always thought theylooked good too. My uncle had a 1996 for a wile, usewto ride it all the time when i first started. Now he's got 06 or 07 shadow 750. Its like night and day compared to the older ones.

• 2 weeks later...
Those pipes are knarly lol good lookin bobber.

Those shadows are dogs but perfect for back road country cruising always thought theylooked good too. My uncle had a 1996 for a wile, usewto ride it all the time when i first started. Now he's got 06 or 07 shadow 750. Its like night and day compared to the older ones.

What do you expect for a cruiser? My uncle rode a 1989 Shadow 1100 that ran 13.50s with a set of pipes.

Super comfortable bikes. Nice pick-up.

-Marc

• 2 weeks later...
What do you expect for a cruiser? My uncle rode a 1989 Shadow 1100 that ran 13.50s with a set of pipes.

Super comfortable bikes. Nice pick-up.

-Marc

Not trying to bash them, they are comfy. Just saying that for a bigger guy they don't have the flying off the handle bars feel like the newwer ones do. The 1100's are impressive for what they are but there's a huge difference between the 750 and 1100 imo. The output its very similar but the rpm difference for when you get to that tourq thats the "feeling" i look for. Not to mention the majority of the mid 90's 1100's had a 4spd gear box while the 750's had 5spd gb's. Now on that rare occation you came across an 1100 with the 5spd option that would be awesome!! 13.5 from a set of pipes is definitely impressive from an 89. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they seemed to tone the mid 90's 1100 down a bit from the late 80's though. Not by much but enough to take notice performance wise.