Oh how I love thee sweet BMV... NOT!!!

gillbot

For those who aren't on my farcebook....... I'm gonna rant here also!!

UGH..... Trip to the BMV went umm, well I guess. Had them fix my personalized plate that the BMV screwed up. Put a space when there wasn't supposed to be one, and they tried EVERYTHING to make it my fault. BMV Lady - "BUT ON THE PAPERS IT SHOWS A SPACE!" I pull out the paperwork and there is no space....... BMV Lady - "BUT ON THE REGISTRATION YOU INITIALED THE ACCEPTANCE WITH THE SPACE!" Points to the registration papers and I never initialed it...... BMV Lady - "WELL YOU MUST HAVE FILLED IT OUT WRONG!" I point to the lady behind the counter and say - "She filled it out." BMV Lady - "WELL IT MUST HAVE BEEN ENTERED IN WRONG!" I gladly inform them "How is that my fault? I can't enter it in, you have to."

Now the ironing......

They confiscate my plate immediately. Yes, they hand me a screwdriver and make me walk out to my Jeep, take the plates off and turn them in. Luckily they give me a new paper temp to tape into the back window but no tape.... As I pull out of the BMV who immediately pulls up behind me? Why hello there Mr. Ohio State Patrolman. Why yes, he indeed pulled me right over within the next 2 blocks........ I will say, he was the nicest OSP I have ever met and saw we had all of our ducks in a row. He advised me to get the plate properly displayed and sent me on my way! I told him I would as soon as I got home.

I usually avoid to be physically present at any BMV or Clerk of Courts location. Things like ordering a personalized license plate can be done over the internet. It will also avoid mistake as mentioned. The nice perk is that interacting with people can be avoided or kept to a minimum.

Sorry, I must have missed the post in his 4 page thread not title related to Jeep whatsoever.

Sorry, I must have missed the rule that mandated I inform you of my purchase. O-well, 0 fucks given.

I was genuinely interested in which Jeep you purchased as I'm looking at Unlimited's myself. My mistake.

It's the intarwebz, don't be butthurt.

http://imageshack.us/scaled/large/189/62350465269659726914780.jpg

I looked at Unlimiteds, did not get. Personally, I think the Wrangler should have remained a 2 door but that's personal preference.

BMW LOL, they take forever on personalized plates though. At least the cop wasn't a dick about no temp plate

I had it, just not displayed properly. I told him the lady on the phone said I would probably keep my plates and when I went in, they made me pull them. I explained it to the officer and he was cool about it.