FS 1998 Ford Mustang GT ***SOLD***

yardman10

As the title says, I am selling my mustang. I have had it for about 9 months. I will post the link to the craigslist add which describes it in much more detail. The Craigslist price is $2400.00 If a CR member buys it, I will sell it to you for $2100 Need it gone this week. A few specifics:

4.6L V8

5 speed manual

dark green exterior

tan leather interior

Mach 460 stereo/cd player

Ice cold A/C

MSD wires(8.5mm)/ignition coils

Poly engine mounts

LED white faced gauge overlay

good tires

Please see craigslist posting for all specifics(good and bad) and a picture

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/3803286832.html

Bad:

As of about 3 weeks ago, I no longer have reverse. I think the shift fork

is bent or out of adjustment. I just am trying to sell as is at a reasonable price

so someone that has the resources/time can fix it and have a low budget pony

car. Mileage is 150250. Keep in mind that I still drive this car from Lancaster to Hilliard

everyday so it is still driveable. Just park on a hill lol. I get 24-25 mpg regularly at 90 miles a day. Exhaust is not hacked up. Still has cats and mufflers. I haven't messed with anything, only made repairs as needed. The quickest response will be through email listed below but reply here if you must. Thanks for looking!

Josh

yardman10@yahoo.com

Edited by yardman10
added pics, ****SOLD****

I was actually just looking at this on craigslist. Will It go into reverse "sometimes" or not at all. I'd be interested in coming to take a look at it Saturday if you still have it then?

If you hold it in reverse when at an idle and no incline, it will slightly move the car in reverse. Any incline or increase in rpms and it grinds like it is just barely touching the face of the reverse gear? I have someone supposed to "buy" it tonight from CL but you know how that goes. I will let you know if things fall through. I have access to some reputable transmission shops that I could steer you towards if you buy it. If it doesn't sell pretty soon, I will just have it fixed, but will then want more for it of course.

Steve-O - I went out and put it in reverse in my driveway (on a hill) and it would hold the car still. When I started it and let pout on the clutch it popped out of gear and would grind if I tried to hold it so I didn't try that long. Hope that answers your questions. As far as sale goes, would you believe a craigslister did a no call no show? Not out of the ordinary so in short, it is still for sale. More pictures to come soon.

Steve-O - I went out and put it in reverse in my driveway (on a hill) and it would hold the car still. When I started it and let pout on the clutch it popped out of gear and would grind if I tried to hold it so I didn't try that long. Hope that answers your questions. As far as sale goes, would you believe a craigslister did a no call no show? Not out of the ordinary so in short, it is still for sale. More pictures to come soon.

Bad syncro most likely.