Marijuana Pigs

RC K9

Sounds delightful.

http://now.msn.com/marijuana-fed-pigs-are-being-sold-by-butcher-william-von-schneidau-at-pike-place-market

If any of you ever go to Seattle, definitely check out Pikes Place Market. Very cool spot with good restaurants and mirobreweries, and apparently now, pot pigs.

I think its just a good marketing ploy on the butcher/farmer's side of things. Nothing more. I would like to see blind taste/texture tests on pigs from the same farm between the ones that consumed pot and the ones that did not.

There is no THC in the stems or leaves of cannabis plants. Anyone expecting to get stoned from eating the meat is being mislead. That wouldnt work anyway.

Sorry man but not accurate. The steams and clippings can be turned into bubble gum hash :).

There is no THC in the stems or leaves of cannabis plants. Anyone expecting to get stoned from eating the meat is being mislead. That wouldnt work anyway.

You are wrong Jeff about THC not being in leaves and stems. On the pig side if anything it would have been absorbed but by no mean possible to pass.

Sorry man but not accurate. The steams and clippings can be turned into bubble gum hash :).

Also Bubble hash LOL

I think its just a good marketing ploy on the butcher/farmer's side of things. Nothing more. I would like to see blind taste/texture tests on pigs from the same farm between the ones that consumed pot and the ones that did not.

I agree with you. And what you feed them can have an affect on flavor and consistency. I'd be interested in a taste test, as well. I'm sure, without reading the article, that he collects all the 'waste' from pot farmers (unless he's one, too), and feeds the pigs that. This is a common practice. For example, I knew a gentleman who raised his pigs and goats on a steady diet of some hay and shitloads of those cheap little debbie snack cakes. He would get shitloads of them that were about to or had just expired their sale date. Obviously, he had some kind of hookup with a distributor or something.

I agree with you. And what you feed them can have an affect on flavor and consistency. I'd be interested in a taste test, as well. I'm sure, without reading the article, that he collects all the 'waste' from pot farmers (unless he's one, too), and feeds the pigs that. This is a common practice. For example, I knew a gentleman who raised his pigs and goats on a steady diet of some hay and shitloads of those cheap little debbie snack cakes. He would get shitloads of them that were about to or had just expired their sale date. Obviously, he had some kind of hookup with a distributor or something.

A taste test for science of course :) Yes pigs and chickens tend to eat anything you give them. I don't see a reason for giving them waste plant material. Only other use I could think of is to make compost out of it. Either way that is better than throwing it away in a landfill?

Yeah, I have heard of pigs getting chocolate, gummy worms, etc. It will be a joyous day for me when I am able to raise my own food. People just don't realize the garbage they are eating when they buy meat from grocery stores...