evo 8 head gasket

russian rocket

hey guys i was seeing if you can help determine what happened to this head gasket. quick background, 05 evo 8 with 95k. mainly bolt ons and turbo has 20g stamped on it, previous owner couldnt tell me anything. i can fill the radiator, drive a day or so and i couldnt see the fluid in the radiator anymore. no over heating, coolant bottle stayed full. i went out for a nice country drive, boost set at 24psi and under full load at 7k i pushed out a freeze plug.

looking at this gasket would you be able to tell if its head lift, warped head, or an improperly torqued head. looks like someone replaced the head gasket with an mls but used factory head bolts so i am not sure if they just reused the factory head bolts or bought new ones (my guess is they reused the original ones)

here is a pic of the gasket, the number 4 cylinder matched it while the rest still had traces of cooper spray

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b331/kliped/IMG_20130516_210138_154_zps3d951ebb.jpg

He probably re-used the factory bolts and the head lifted. It could be that the head and deck were improperly setup for the gasket though (if both mating surfaces aren't perfect then it stands a good chance of blowing). If I were you I would have the head checked then use a factory head gasket with head studs.