Piaggio - For all you scooter lovers....

DollFace

My dad has the 400cc version of that. I rode it once. As strange as it looks I'll tell you it is awesome. I was riding down a curvy road full of dirt and gravel and it did nothing to my cornering confidence. It honestly handles like a motorcycle but I wouldn't be scared to ride it even if the roads were a little snowy. It was really neat. Imagine a burgman 400 but added quality of a piaggio and the strange stability of 2 front wheels. You really have to experience it to know what I mean. If you hit a slick spot the front end pushes kind of like a car and it's not dramatic or scary at all unlike loosing the front end on a regular bike. If you ever get a chance to ride one I recommend it. However, yes, they are hilarious looking. Either way, if I had to have a super scoot, that might be it. I really like the Burgman too though.

Edited by vw151

i would rather have a can am...i take that back, if im going 3 wheels, ill take a t-rex please

I'd take 3 mp3's before i'd touch another can am...

the can am SUCKED, try taking a corner at any decent rate of speed, and you feel like you're going to topple...BAD NEWS

I'd take 3 mp3's before i'd touch another can am...

the can am SUCKED, try taking a corner at any decent rate of speed, and you feel like you're going to topple...BAD NEWS

Yah, the other 3 wheelers don't do that thing where the wheels tilt. That is what makes it way cooler. It really handles like a motorcycle.

What size did you ride. I thought the 400cc was comparable to a Burgman 400 which is pretty good. They make a 500cc MP3 as well.

I guess I mean, underpowered compared to what. What do you expect it's a scooter. I think it'll do about 100mph. Sure, compared to my ducati or my GSXR750 it's slow, but for a scooter and a commuter, I think the 400cc super scoots are very adequately powered. I had the privilege of riding a Burgman 400 for a week last year and I was amazed at how well it kept up with traffic. I could get well over the speed limit on the highway (yes it'll do an honest 100mph but no faster) and the best part was the under seat storage was big enough to get all of your groceries. I really liked it. my girlfriend didn't really like being seen on the back of it though.

Edited by vw151

Yah, the other 3 wheelers don't do that thing where the wheels tilt. That is what makes it way cooler. It really handles like a motorcycle.

What size did you ride. I thought the 400cc was comparable to a Burgman 400 which is pretty good. They make a 500cc MP3 as well.

I guess I mean, underpowered compared to what. What do you expect it's a scooter. I think it'll do about 100mph.

Sorry, I compare everything with less than 4 wheels to the 'burd.

Sorry, I compare everything with less than 4 wheels to the 'burd.

Haha, well I'm not sure there are many scooters that are going to compare. I'm not scooter connoisseur but I thought the 400cc bikes were pretty cool in their own right. I'd rock one, however if I had my way I'd have my current bikes plus a V-strom, a super scoot a small and large dirt/enduro bike and a few more pit bikes. LOL

The can-am can't topple, it has a very restrictive TCS system. Would be a weird feeling though.

..maybe, I didn't push it Really hard.

My self-preservation instinct kicked in before the rollover mitigation system did, so i'm not even sure how that system works, but i bet if i wanted injuries, I could get it to go over...

Well last year at the Valley View QSL (Cleveland) bike nights the dealer used to bring these, no Demo rider but they used to ride it around and I am sure they will bring it this year too. For the Can AM part...we discussed this at the Spring meet....in a demo video I saw they lean the other way whan taking the corners not into it......being a bike rider I know the counter steering concept but if it is a norm, I am not riding it....I will wreck it......:D

I've never ridden a can am but I would think cornering would feel more like a car since you don't lean which means any lateral forces will be felt a lot more strongly since you are still upright while going through a corner. Personally, Can AMS and those modified 3 wheel harleys and goldwings are dumb. Bikes are for leaning.

I've never ridden a can am but I would think cornering would feel more like a car since you don't lean which means any lateral forces will be felt a lot more strongly since you are still upright while going through a corner. Personally, Can AMS and those modified 3 wheel harleys and goldwings are dumb. Bikes are for leaning.

:plus1: Countersteering is paramount to motorcycling, otherwise, buy a convertible and go home.

..maybe, I didn't push it Really hard.

My self-preservation instinct kicked in before the rollover mitigation system did, so i'm not even sure how that system works, but i bet if i wanted injuries, I could get it to go over...

Oh I mean to say ASM, came out wrong. I think it does have some sort of TCS as well.

Motorcycle USA said

"After reading this you might be concerned that the 700-plus-pound Spyder would be prone to flipping over if the rider over-cooks it into a turn, but the good news (or the bad news depending on how you look at it) is that Can-Am has taken this into account and developed the Vehicle Stability System (VSS) and Stability Control System (SCS) to ensure the Spyder riding experience is incident-free. The way it works is once the inside wheel lifts to a point determined to be dangerous by the SCS, braking power is engaged at the appropriate caliper necessary to keep the platform stabilized."

I don't think a single one has flipped yet without some sort of outside force.

And no I don't sell them, I just think it's interesting technology

Oh I mean to say ASM, came out wrong. I think it does have some sort of TCS as well.

Motorcycle USA said

"After reading this you might be concerned that the 700-plus-pound Spyder would be prone to flipping over if the rider over-cooks it into a turn, but the good news (or the bad news depending on how you look at it) is that Can-Am has taken this into account and developed the Vehicle Stability System (VSS) and Stability Control System (SCS) to ensure the Spyder riding experience is incident-free. The way it works is once the inside wheel lifts to a point determined to be dangerous by the SCS, braking power is engaged at the appropriate caliper necessary to keep the platform stabilized."

I don't think a single one has flipped yet without some sort of outside force.

And no I don't sell them, I just think it's interesting technology

I'll agree, Can-AM is neat tech but I wouldn't call it a motorcycle. MP3 is neat tech and I would still call it a motorcycle.