Ammo available again

Mojoe

I have been following the availability of ammo, like most have, for the last 6-8 months. We all have seen where pricing has been, but the availability has made it challenging to come by. From what I have seen over the last 2 weeks, it's out there if you want it. Pricing is still up though. I usually follow the common ammo of 9mm, .40, 223, 7.62x39 and .22. It's all out there right now. I even check the 5.7x28, which has been gone completely for month's. Vance's last week had no limit on target 9mm @ $39.xx for 100. You don't have to like Vance's, I'm just using them as an example. Other online places have 1000 round buys for .223 and the other common ammo.

I'm just saying it seems to be back out there.

Every time I stop at Cabellas they have everything but .22lr and this last visit on Wednesday I scored a box of Remington Viper 100ct .22lr for $6 and they had bricks of Federal 400ct .22lr for $22. American Eagle .223's for $10.99 per 20ct, Herter's .223 55grHP's for $6.99 per 20ct. wide verity of .308's starting at $11 a box, .45acp's for $22 a box, 9mm is $14 a box.

At the walmart in Lewis center I was told they ar getting ammo every few days. There was 40 and several rifle calibers there but no 9mm 22 or 223.

At the bass pro in Toledo I was told its coming back more regularly but prices haven't gone down. They had 22 and most others except 9mm and 223. The guy I spoke with said they still have to limit it to a few boxes because many people are still panic buying.

Ammo prices have cooled down a lot on Gun Broker so it's definitely coming back and a lot more readily available than a month ago.

OVO sometimes has a limit and sometimes does not.

Prices are still more high than they were before Sandy but that will change by the end of summer I would think.

jesus. $39 for 100ct 9mm? i remember when i bought my first handgun, it was like $8/50...and im only 27, so it wasn't THAT long ago.

I recently found a Walmart receipt from the summer of 98 where I bought 5 boxes of Winchester white box 100ct 9mm for 10.88 a box. I want those prices back.

jesus. $39 for 100ct 9mm? i remember when i bought my first handgun, it was like $8/50...and im only 27, so it wasn't THAT long ago.

Just last year i was buying 50 rd boxes of steel tul ammo for 9.98 a box. The "better" ammo was around 11.99 a box.

I will agree that ammo is becoming more available lately. last time i was at pauls marine they were fully stocked with everything. Prices were still high, but i was shocked just to see shelves completely stocked. I felt like a kid in a candy shop.

Every time I road trip it around town to find what I need stores are sold out or I get 1 box. I feel I am wasting too much money in fuel so I gave up. Ordering online seems to be a better bet. There are a few nice stores on gunbot that don't rip you off on shipping costs. In the end you will spend as much as vances or any other normal gun store charges. With 22LR I haven't had good luck but I can buy if I need to. Less than 50 cents a round is rare. When it is that cheap I try to talk myself out of buying and usually fail :)

I found bulk 22 from a private party for a decent price. I bought it all because I was tired of looking for it and having a limit. I still look for it in store, just to see. Dicks had it $39.99 per 500. That's why they are called Dicks I guess. It's neat to look there but that's about it.

I found bulk 22 from a private party for a decent price. I bought it all because I was tired of looking for it and having a limit. I still look for it in store, just to see. Dicks had it $39.99 per 500. That's why they are called Dicks I guess. It's neat to look there but that's about it.

Cabal as also had bulk 500 .22 but for 60 bucks ... ripoff