How fast, is fassst enough?

99StockGT

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol 600 on a 2800 pound car I have a feeling is NOT every fun streetable. As for the comments on fuel, this is all being done right with a new higher flowing pump, larger injectors though I won't be running them anywhere NEAR full duty cycle, new lines and all the fun stuff. For those of you with low 12 high 11 cars off turbo 4s, are they still fun to drive or only come out to go screaming down a track?

I decided as soon as i bought the gt500 that all i was ever going to do is pulley,intake,tune. I am not trying to make this a race car and I want to enjoy it. Unlike my last mustang that was broke everytime I turned around. It got old.

Completely agree and hoping I don't run into the same situation though we are building it up with all the right parts. Turbo versus S/C you are always on where my turbo isn't always spooled, I think as long as I keep my foot out of it it wouldn't be too much of a terror. Of course I can always just dial down the boost as well if I want...or up :)

When I went from a bolt-on f-body to a H/C car it was well worth it and I picked up 110 WHP. Once the built motor was in, the car lost a lot of the fun factor due to the size of the cam. It's no longer a car that is easy to drive. I should have just gone turbo from day one and the car would have kept it's fun factor.

You always can, I this this little 88mm that would be right at home on your car!