4/17 Friday Edgewater

jermattak

Me and some guys from work were talking about taking our bikes down sometime and running them just for fun.... but we heard today we need a manual kill switch? Someone please elaborate further. What kind of kill switch?

The "kill switch" that comes on your bike should be sufficient... ya know, the big red toggle switch that'll kill your engine even if the key is ON.

If they meant a tether like Mello's post suggests, it would've read "automatic kill switch". If you're riding modern bikes, most of them have tip over switches too, which is another kill switch-like device.

Edited by JRMMiii

I'm pretty sure you need what I stated to drag race your bike. I remember before I rode motorcycles, some friends of mine would run down there and use the pop can top tied to a string... you know, the 'phuck pass', with the ring still attatched. You wedge that into your kill switch... ghetto, but they passed tech..

Technically every track can decide how they want to tech people. But I've never had a problem running a street bike at Norwalk or National Trails in stock trim. I've been to Edgewater to crew for my dad's car for points meets and stuff, but never for a "local racer" nite, or Test 'n' Tune.

The "kill switch" that comes on your bike should be sufficient... ya know, the big red toggle switch that'll kill your engine even if the key is ON.

If they meant a tether like Mello's post suggests, it would've read "automatic kill switch". If you're riding modern bikes, most of them have tip over switches too, which is another kill switch-like device.

That's what my thoughts were. I guess we'll just go down there sometime and see what they have to say about it. I'm not about to make an effort to try and 'rig' my bike. We were only gonna run for the hell of it.