Bluetooth/wireless audio interface w/ factory headunit?

zeitgeist57

I've been looking at mods for the BMW, and one of the mandatory things I need to figure out is audio interface: the factory BMW deck (cassette/CD changer not included) works well, and aside from the standby cassette-adaptor to plug into a headphone jack (like on an iPhone/iPod) I'd like to know if anyone recommends a FM-modulator, or similar piggyback device.

I'm not replacing the factory BMW deck, nor do I want to mess with the wiring: I just want to listen to NPR and Pandora or a few downloaded songs from my iPhone. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

im in the same boat and haven been using this jabra cruise 2 since january. not only is it a Bluetooth fm modulator but its a speaker phone as well. its fully wireless, clips to your Sun visor, is about the size of a deck of a cards and has a rechargable battery that can be charged off a

mUSB to USB cord. Not included is the car charger but they're a dime a dozen. The unit plays calls/music off the car speakers or the jabra speaker itself. Volume on both car speakers and the unit is adequate. Only complaint ive had is road noise on the receivers end but that has more to with the road noise my DD produces.

Easy...you build one of these and solder the audio out to the low level line output of the CD decoder on the head unit. Just tear down a bluetooth speaker and 95% of the work is done for you. Oh, don't feed a 7805 unregulated power like I did.

http://i.imgur.com/J7NtWd6l.jpg

and it seems to have a nifty feature that will.shut the unit off automatically if you are connected to Bluetooth, get out of your car w your phone and walk far enough away to.lose connection...helps preserve the battery life (which ive never had go dead on any 1 day car trip).

Well hell, Clay thanks for posting this i ended up ordering a HD RADIO module and the Pac audio line in/hdradio in interface for my radio. I didn't spring for the a2d bluetooth addon because i'll be happy with just line in.