Professional Installation

87GT

Anyone have experience with any local companies for installing a gun safe? Looking to get one in my basement and it will be a pain in the ass getting it there. With a concrete floor I am concerned about moisture so I would want it raised a bit but still bolted to the floor. Ideas?

Put heavy plastic under it and silicone the bolt holes....

KillJoy

Wouldn't the plastic increase moisture? I've heard people putting 4 hockey pucks under each corner of the safe to allow airflow. I don't know if that is the best route.

You could still do this yourself easily enough. Bolting it down isn't hard. Depending on the size of the safe it may not be wroth it to some intruders or they simply won't be able to get it back upstairs on their own. But yeah, the puck idea or even a couple of 2x4's and just bolt that baby down.

Good ideas guys thanks. Can anyone recommend a moving company to get it in my house? Every retail place I checked that sells safes only will ship it to your curb or garage.

CR. Offer these fellas beer and pizza and they come running...don't they? :lol:

I would just stop by vances. My friend bought one and they had cards they were giving out of the company to call. It was less than 200 for the other side of columbus. I think they charged a little extra for stairs but they put his in the basement. I have no idea the name as its been a few years.

I haven't checked with Vance's yet. They never respond to phone calls.

If you do go with Vance's (or Buckeye Outdoors) remember to grab a number ticket at the gun counter. Otherwise no one else in the store will help you with a safe. They lost my business because of me not wanting to wait for 20 tickets to be called.

• 2 weeks later...
If you do go with Vance's (or Buckeye Outdoors) remember to grab a number ticket at the gun counter. Otherwise no one else in the store will help you with a safe. They lost my business because of me not wanting to wait for 20 tickets to be called.

So you didn't want to wait your turn.. Spoiled..