Cheerleading coach fired for formerly working for playboy.

smashweights

That's a pretty lousy reason to fire someone. Why aren't we focused on firing teachers who are idiots???

I had a teacher who worked part time at victoria's secret. I know its not quite comparable, but the boys in my classes would often get a laugh out of it and go to the mall just to be like, omg, our english teacher was helping people with bras!!! Yeah, there was the immaturity factor of the kids that distracted them from class occasionally, but she was a fantastic teacher!

I had another teacher that had been caught buying minors alcohol when he was in college, and to be honest, he was the best teacher that I had.

If they fired her just for being in playboy, I think that is kind of silly. Its not like these kids are never going to see a nude photo of a woman, how much of a difference is it going to make if it is someone they know? Unless it was making the students uncomfortable, or adversley affecting their learning, there's no reason to fire her.

That's a pretty lousy reason to fire someone. Why aren't we focused on firing teachers who are idiots???

I had a teacher who worked part time at victoria's secret. I know its not quite comparable, but the boys in my classes would often get a laugh out of it and go to the mall just to be like, omg, our english teacher was helping people with bras!!! Yeah, there was the immaturity factor of the kids that distracted them from class occasionally, but she was a fantastic teacher!

I had another teacher that had been caught buying minors alcohol when he was in college, and to be honest, he was the best teacher that I had.

If they fired her just for being in playboy, I think that is kind of silly. Its not like these kids are never going to see a nude photo of a woman, how much of a difference is it going to make if it is someone they know? Unless it was making the students uncomfortable, or adversley affecting their learning, there's no reason to fire her.

+1 couldn't agree more....

Ah, the old "it's unethical" debate, which is usually preached from the Judeo-Christian side of the fence. A young lady who is well-respected in her chosen field is demonized for a job she did that's perfectly legal and legitimate. Now if she were a former prostitute, well, I MIGHT have a problem with that but then again, my kids would already be educated in human sexuality by the time they were 10, or whenever they got curious and started asking questions. What happened in this case is someone got upset because her kid couldn't make the cut, so of course, the hatred that arises from those that are inferior either mentally or physically, comes into play. That's so fucking typical though, and so very human...