FS: Gary Fisher X-Caliber 29er

SilverAudiMike

Selling my 19" Gary Fisher X-Cal. It's been a great bike, I'm only selling because I recently upgraded to a carbon bike. Below is my craigslist ad with info and specs. Feel free to respond here or email me mawhitlow1@gmail.com. CR price $900 firm.

http://columbus.craigslist.org/bik/3860132135.html

Edited by SilverAudiMike

im 5'11 with a 32" inseam and when i ride MTB, i ride a 19" or 19.5".

this is tempting, as i've been thinking of picking up a MTB, but i'd have to sell my aluminum bike first, and i know i wont get quite that much out of it. argh.

damn i just saw this on CL and was goin to low ball :p Would this be a decent bike for alum creek trail for a 6'-2" person? im a newb and trying to get in with a group from work that goes there.

The bike will fit someone between about 5'10" and 6'2".

I'd say this to anyone that is considering buying their first mountain bike - most people take the path of buying a $500-$600 bike at first and quickly realize (within the first couple months) that the component and fork quality simply do not cut it. If you really want to give mountain biking a chance you should start with a high-end used bike and upgrade from there. The reality is that a well maintained high-end bike will hold it's value pretty well, while a used low-end bike won't.

Make sense?

Edited by SilverAudiMike

The bike will fit someone between about 5'10" and 6'2".

I'd say this to anyone that is considering buying their first mountain bike - most people take the path of buying a $500-$600 bike at first and realize quickly (within the first couple months) that the component and fork quality of a low cost bike simply does not cut it. If you really want to give mountain biking a chance you should start with a high-end used bike and upgrade from there. The reality is that a well maintained high-end bike will hold it's value pretty well, while a used low-end bike won't.

Make sense?

yes thats exactly how i like to do things. is your bike a good start? im interested for sure. just not to familiar with model and style of the bike for each purpose. Not sure if this was like a downhill setup or a good all around fit.

yes thats exactly how i like to do things. is your bike a good start? im interested for sure. just not to familiar with model and style of the bike for each purpose. Not sure if this was like a downhill setup or a good all around fit.

This bike would be perfect for a beginner in the situation I described above. Gary Fisher (the man) is said to be the guy that invented mountain biking and his bike line is a bit of a nostalgic brand. I'd say it is easily one of the top brands. With the fox front fork and X7/X9 components you can ride comfortably at any of the Ohio trails.

Don't know the OP at all, but I can say that the bike looks good, and the X7-X9 set-up is nice. If it has X3 or X5 I may think twice. Almost any Fox fork is a good one, so I would not be scared of that at all....and the RL with 80mm of travel is perfect for the trails around here, even Mohican if you wanted to. I have a Gary Fisher Wahoo back from early 2000 and I still beat the crap out of it on Phase I. If this were more my size (i'm 5'7) I would seriously be considering it right now. Juicy 3 hydraulic brakes are nice too.

Nice bike, OP.....GLWS!

Don't know the OP at all, but I can say that the bike looks good, and the X7-X9 set-up is nice. If it has X3 or X5 I may think twice. Almost any Fox fork is a good one, so I would not be scared of that at all....and the RL with 80mm of travel is perfect for the trails around here, even Mohican if you wanted to. I have a Gary Fisher Wahoo back from early 2000 and I still beat the crap out of it on Phase I. If this were more my size (i'm 5'7) I would seriously be considering it right now. Juicy 3 hydraulic brakes are nice too.

Nice bike, OP.....GLWS!

Thanks for the comments. It's a nice bike and I expect it to sell quick.

• 2 weeks later...