iOS7 Beta

Jackson1647545504

Why am I the only one that likes Siri? Do I just have the perfect voice for it or something? Seriously, it works great for me.

Half the time it works for me the other half it can not hear me or it doesn't know the answer. WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO GOOGLE THAT FOR YOU?

Other thing I hate "siri call the nearest bob evans." I FOUND 15 LOCATIONS HERE THEY ARE. okay you fgtz let me click this one that is physically closest. OKAY CALLING BOB EVANS. HOLD ON WHILE I SAY ALL THE 10 DIGITS BEFORE I MAKE THE PHONE CALL. SIX ONE FOUR TWO SEVEN........ :mad:

fuck you siri just dial the number google voice doesn't do this shit.

Still curious as to what productivity increasing valuable customizations an S4 would give me over an iPhone. I am curiously interestd in the S4 but if it's just going to give me geeky shit to tweak and no real value, then why change for change sake?

Let me know.

I think you're being a bit unfair by trying to put a real productivity value on what's essentially become a commodity item. iOS deserves mad props for being the first (IMO) usable smartphone, but Android is just better now. A few key points:

Google integration is obviously much better, and (again, my opinion) google cloud services are vastly superior. GMail on iOS + iCal or whatever is a poor substitute. If you're like me and basically structure your life around having access to gmail and google calender, then this is a big deal. YMMV.

Google Maps is better. Google Maps on Android is better than Google Maps on iOS. Apple maps is utter trash.

The Android browser is better than Safari, and better than Chrome on iOS.

My iPhone looks so tiny compared to the new Android phones. Since I basically use my phone as a tablet in lieu of any of my actual tablets, I'm jonesing for a bigger screen.

Typing on the Android keyboard is more pleasant. You don't have to context switch as much between all the different character maps. Just hold down the button.

The cheap OBD-II reader the internet told me to buy doesn't work with iPhones. My bad for not checking, but that's sort of frustrating. Likewise for the cheap external GPS receiver, although that was supposed to be iOS compatible and I couldn't get it to work. Linked right up with my old Android phone, though.

Voice recognition on Android is better. I think Littleguy really is the one guy who actually likes Siri.

Now, I'm perfectly productive with my iPhone, so in that sense you win. But I totally intend to dump this thing when my contract is up, and it's not just change for change's sake. Although I will miss the Apple hardware. Battery life has been excellent for me, the camera is great, and I like the design. The size they could fix, but the software is lagging.

Android running on a 5.5" iPhone would make me wet.

Download this. If it works anything like it does on Android, you will see why Siri is garbage.

https://itunes.apple.com/app/google-search/id284815942?mt=8

Like I said, lol, I don't doubt people's issues/frustrations, but google search works perfectly for me. Maybe the people in Cuperno designed Siri to recognize the voice of a half Colombian/half West Virginia hillbilly like me as the ideal, lol.

I think you're being a bit unfair by trying to put a real productivity value on what's essentially become a commodity item.

perhaps but again, if I'm not getting a better life efficiency or experience overall from even a commodity item, then what's the point?

Google integration is obviously much better, and (again, my opinion) google cloud services are vastly superior. GMail on iOS + iCal or whatever is a poor substitute. If you're like me and basically structure your life around having access to gmail and google calender, then this is a big deal. YMMV.

My main accounts are yahoo.com based and of course my corporate exchange account both of which work flawless on the iphone. Not sure the source/integration of said source of the email will matter but perhaps the funtionality of the OS would be nicer. Can't say yet as I've not use an S4.

Google Maps is better. Google Maps on Android is better than Google Maps on iOS. Apple maps is utter trash.

IMO the very best navi system on a phone has been Motion X Drive. It's better than the Navi in my car in many ways. I don't ever just use a map.

The Android browser is better than Safari, and better than Chrome on iOS.

Guess I'll have to use it. I use Perfect Browser on the iPhone and it works very much like Firefox on my computer. Overall though, I don't actually "surf" the net on my phone. I use Tapatalk for CR and outside that just use the web to find information but never really to read through tons of web pages. I whip out the iPad for that.

My iPhone looks so tiny compared to the new Android phones. Since I basically use my phone as a tablet in lieu of any of my actual tablets, I'm jonesing for a bigger screen.

I might?? not sure, appreciate the larger S4. Looks great but will I hate carrying a larger phone or love it? Not sure.

Typing on the Android keyboard is more pleasant. You don't have to context switch as much between all the different character maps. Just hold down the button.

Gotcha. I use voice dictation 90% of the time and both have one that works.

Voice recognition on Android is better. I think Littleguy really is the one guy who actually likes Siri.

I agree the Google App on the iPhone yields more useful results for me when searching content than Siri. I don't have any problems with iPhone dictation. Works perfect for emails and text messages for me.

Android running on a 5.5" iPhone would make me wet.

:)

Thanks for the feedback.

I played with an HTC One, quite a nice smartphone. Jonathan Ives never should have been put in charge of this, his designs for laptops and PCs are awesome, he doesn't hold a candle to Forstall in software. Apple fucked up and forced Scott out. SMH

Seriously, I like the HTC one. This may be the first iphone (5s) and upgrade(7) I don't do. I'll keep my money and better looking OS on my 5.