04 GMC 3500 or 06 Ram 3500

Jewtoys

So I have been looking for a tow rig for awhile, posted a similar topic on another site but it seems that more truck people are on here.

I'm looking to tow a car and a boat, nothing crazy.

Here are the two trucks in question:

2004 GMC 3500 Dually, 6.6 LLY Diesel with Allison trans 110k miles, 19.5 Alcoa wheels, airbags in the rear, 6 new tires, side exhaust. Way overkill but I loved the turning radius, it's actually really good compared to other trucks I looked at.

2006 Dodge 3500 Laramie 118k miles, cummins 5.9, stock. Leather. Auto

I drive 10 min max to work so I would like to drive the truck to work on most days as well, MPG isn't really a factor in deciding.

Money wise the Ram is 1,600$ more and needs new tires, it has four un-matching tires which makes me wonder how it was taken care of... The added costs to purchase the Ram do not matter, just throwing it out there to gauge the price on both trucks.

Any input would be appreciated

Also to add I don't know anything about diesel's so this is why I'm posting. I was going to buy a gas truck but I don't feel like dealing with one while towing through mountains.

Forgot to add the GMC after it's been driven idle surges like a DSM... Judging by crawling around on google searches it seems it's just a FPR which is cheap enough to not warrant walking from this truck...

LLYs are awesome. I'd get one over a 5.9 cummins anyday.

Just know that the Allison will need upgraded if you decide to start really upgrading stuff. The 48RE behind the cummins will need upgraded as well, but it's much cheaper to do so.

It currently has a exhaust, unsure if it's been chipped. But I won't be modding it, no point.

Picked up the gmc

My colt/boat hauler

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1212/4798801/9950206/406947222.jpg

looks good, lower it a few more inches mmmm. duallys just do it for me

Or just bag it ooo laa laa I belive those are the same rims... or very similar just a bit bigger

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/6803/dually021.jpg

I'm sure the air bag set up on your truck isn't the air bag set up Paul's talking about.

Either way nice pick up!

Nope, not at all.

Hopefully I made the right choice, tried to do as much research as I could. It also boiled down to the GMC seem to have the best turning radius